1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husbands

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by roopaiyer, Mar 14, 2017.

1. roopaiyer

roopaiyer New IL'ite

hello

My Lo is 5 months old and i recently shifted with my husband. He is lazy guy and doesnt help around with the kid either. The minute i say hold the baby he starts giving excuses and keeps running away. These days he has started avoiding and goes to office on a Sunday.. The minute lo gets little bit irritated he gives it to me and runs off. He doesnt even keep his own stuffs correctly and throws here and there and expect me to keep the house clean. To support him my MIL keeps telling that he doesnt understand a single thing and that handling his stuffs was not thought him in their house. I tried my best to encourage him in holding the baby and all but nothing is working. All we do is fight fight and fight. Nowdays i have started hating holidays because he ll be at home and all we do is fight. Kindly suggest

2. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Dont fight or nag. Ask your husband to take the baby for walk. Babies usually dont fuss during walks. Also do bare minimum things for your husband like just cooking meals. Other than that do not pick up after him, do not provide ironed shirts, let him take care of his own needs. How about not cooking somedays? tell him to get a meal from outside. Take rest because after having a baby our bodies become very weak and it causes irritability too.
    Do not complain to you PIL's . Do minimum stuff for your husband and give them the impression that things are going fine between you two.Keep at least couple of maids if you can.But try not to be rude towards your husband. do not worry as this is a very short phase and soon your little one will become independent .

3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

new mom at in laws place will be very difficult , that too with first kid.
    That is why in olden days, new moms used to stay at her mom's house for good 9 or 11 months.
    By this time sleeping pattern would be set, mom will get used to routine and will have confidence. It will be difficult to get work done from DH when MIL is around. You can almost forget about it , at least for your peace.

If you are not working go to your mom's place for week or so to relax or get an additional helpers.
    And at 5 months old, if head is not stable it would be difficult for non-experienced to handle the kid. Of course where there is will there is way. But you can not force.
    This too shall passs....