Husband's gentic issues - Need advise on prenatal testing

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by malathi2014, Nov 17, 2014.

1. malathi2014

malathi2014 New IL'ite

Hello,

Congratulation to everyone on your pregnancy!. I am just new to this forum

My husband suffers from varicocele (genital swelling) and also wears extra tight under garments. His abnormal morphology was 99%. But still few weeks back I conceived naturally and now I am 7 weeks pregnant. Just had ultrasound and baby is ok

My OBGYN has given optons for regular prenatal screening & diagnostic tests but seeing his issues I am really concerned if we should have some extra testing.
    Also how safely we can rely on results from screening tests ( avoiding invasive diagnostic tests). We have kaiser insurance
    Unfortunately my marital situation is also not healthy, so can't afford a unhealthy baby

Thnx

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I would suggest you get a referral from your ob/gyn to have a consultation with a geneticist asap. Then you can have a better idea of all your options.

1 person likes this.
  3. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

suggest you wait till 12 weeks, if the embee has succeeded in implantation and you continue till 12 weeks, then there is no issues with the genetic make up of the fetus, usually if there are chromosomal abnormalities, embee does not implant or ....