1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants to become more religious - should we go back to India?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cheer, May 15, 2006.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx a lot ladies for ur concerning posts. We're going to india next month & then will decide what's the best option. I'll talk to our families & i'm confident i'll comeup with good conclusion.

Thanx a lot everybody, i really grateful to all & appreciate frm heart.

2. DPS

DPS New IL'ite

Re: Really Very urgent-Plz help - Going back to India?

Hi Cheer,
    I can understand your problem. First of all, Don't worry. Be brave. Tough times make you strong.

You should weight the pros and cons of each of the options you've thought of and make a bold decision so that you need not repent later in your life.

1. If you don't go back to India - are you sure your hubby will leave you and go? If he goes to India, you can continue living in Canada. This option s the toughest one as you've to stay alone struggling with no support from family and then you"ll be constantly thinking of your hubby and you loose track of him.

2. If you both go back to India, you will loose your earnings and stability but you"ll have the support of your family which is very very good in this stage.
    But once you go India it"ll be very difficult for you to come back to Canada and start working.

3. I advise you to go with this option.
    You ask your hubby to go back to India and tell him you will join him later.
    Try to improve your career mean while and say for an year, if you are staying - there might be lot of changes- your bubby might miss you and get bored of the spiritual stuff and start living normally. Then you can decide if he has to come to Canada or you have to go back to India and life happily ever after with you dear hubby.

Now let's think negatively - your hubby is behaving just the same - not earning - concentrating completely on spiritual matters. Your life hasn't changed you are still working and earning, at this point you can decide what to do. You can go to India anytime that's not a problem as you have your family there.

It's better this way than both of you going and spoiling your lives together.

I have one more reason to advise you to go for this option. Few years ago one of my uncles behaved the same way. He has quit his job suddently joined in an ashram also forcing his wife and kids to do so. But aunty didn't go started working and after 1 and half year uncle returned home and now everything is normal now.

When you are not financially very strong you and your hubby should first try to improve your financial condition and in later stages when you are well-off do the renunciation stuff and indulge in spiritual things. You have to clearly explain this to your hubby.Try to have a one-to-one talk with your hubby and voice out your views clearly.You try to understand the change in your hubby - you should figure out why he has developed so much inclination towards spirituality and renunciation.You can take help of a psycologist in this regard.

All the best !!

3. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Hey

Can u pls answer me this???????
    Is ur hubby a devoteeof shirdi Sai?
    If yes, i can suggest u by sharing my opinoins.
    Pls don't get tensed.