1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants to become more religious - should we go back to India?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cheer, May 15, 2006.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Thanx for all ur wonderful+concerning mails. I tried in everyway, but i don't know what to do at this point. Although my family & his family didn't know abt this, Do U ladies think i should talk to them? I don't want to bother them, as my mom is diabetic. That's why i thought this is the best way to get everybody opinion.

Still i'm very worried. Don't know wht to do?? I never expect this frm my hubby, he is nice, honest & trustworthy. But this is sudden shock for me. I always supportive to him, but why he doesn't understand my feelings???

Both of us having good jobs, no tension for jobs. We didn't try for baby becoz he wants to first go to canada, settle there & then raise our family. Although i want the kids since 3 yrs. Plz Gals pray for me.

Any advice would be appreciate this matter.

Well nice for ur mails.

Thanx

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. friends2b

friends2b New IL'ite

Hey Cheer!

I would suggest, if your husband is serious, you should talk to your families. They know him and know you more than anyone. They can advise you best. Moreover, I strongly believe that things are gonna work out, just hang around and be with your husband. He needs you.

Take care and keep smiling....

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey cheer,

Dont worry, its just a downhill, a life is always with ups and down.

Talk to him first stating that you accept his likes, but want to balance this family and spiritual life together. Tell him how much you love him and how much you want to have a family, this is your likes and dreams.

Move to some other place in Canada, not in India for now atleast, since you got to spend more time with him. Try to engage him in some good stuff other than the spiritual thing. Never be against sprituality though.

As you has said that your mom us diabetic, may be you can talk to some good close friends first, talk to them.

Nand

4. charu

charu New IL'ite

:wave
    Hi dear,

My name is charu i think you should speak to your hubby very lovingly and make him understand ur problem since u also luv him so much he will try to understand ur problem.

chat with him you will find a solution.
    dont worry there is god to take care of rest of the things.

luv,

charu

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Thanx a lot charu, well i know GOD is with me. He will sure show me right direction.

6. Sundhari Thevar

Sundhari Thevar New IL'ite

Hi cheer,

Cheer up..I guess the solution to all problems is only two...a yes or a no..
    Even though your situation is complicated the solution is yes or no..
    I would feel since you are working you can manage to stay there and continue .He should be loving you the same way you love him.If he gets emplyed in a very good job you should be able to convince him of staying back...
    I hope this helps..just my thoughts

All the best and let the best happen to you

Love
    Sundhari

7. kanmani.khivraj

kanmani.khivraj New IL'ite

hi cheer,

i was in the same position as yours but with two kids. my elder daughetr is 13 and the younger is 6. we were well settled in india but left everything and went to canada. it was a total shock for me as we couldnt get a good job. so within 4 months we returned to india, as a family.

i peresonall feel you can stay there and as time passes by everything will be okay and your husband will join you. do not take hasty decision.

i came back since i wanted my kids to have a strong cultural roots here.

thanks & regards
    kanmani
    :clap

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2006
  8. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

hi dear:wave ,
    here s my suggestion as ur well wisher...
    :arrow:
    ---> U specified that u luv ur hubby very much :clap , matter s to lead a lovely life understandin and sharin is must ..This s the apt time to show ur luv!!!
    --->u wrote tat he wanna lead a peacefull life in India,wats wrong in his decision (n't only money makes life happy da)
    ---> In India too there are many upcomin industries and there u can show al ur talents ... than in Abroad!!
    --->Since u dont hav buddies so far, I think a natured huggin place s India to guide her/him in a traditional touch!!!
    Think twice b4 u decide :p

9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Cheer up ,dear Cheer

Dear Cheer,
    Your problem is not new. Many Indians living abroad feel insecure and cling to religion. You may try to find out what causes this change. I f he really feels unhappy in Canada then it is not worth continuing there. Since you are working, you must come back with a secure job for yourself and husband. Life in India is good, really. You can come for a month or so and both can try for jobs. Of course you may not have as much money as working abroad but life will have better quality. I am only suggesting my point of you .Of couse it is upto you to take a sensible decision.Later if your husband changes you can always go back
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Cheer up ,dear Cheer
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Dear Cheer,
    Your problem is not new. Many Indians living abroad feel insecure and cling to religion. You may try to find out what causes this change. I f he really feels unhappy in Canada then it is not worth continuing there. Since you are working, you must come back with a secure job for yourself and husband. Life in India is good, really. You can come for a month or so and both can try for jobs. Of course you may not have as much money as working abroad but life will have better quality. I am only suggesting my point of you .Of couse it is upto you to take a sensible decision.Later if your husband changes you can always go back
    Regards,
    Meenu