1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Taking A Little Bit Of More Interest In Colleague's Wife Pics !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anitalovesyou, Dec 20, 2016.

1. anitalovesyou

anitalovesyou Silver IL'ite

Husband has started to take a little bit of more interest in checking out the pics of his colleague's wife on facebook, whatsapp, etc. This is the first time when something like this has happened, and this has just started recently. And yes that girl is young and beautiful. Should I react to this and confront him, or wait for some more time to say anything ? Should I even be serious about it or ignore ? Totally confused. Help me out ladies.

2. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Why do you think it is a matter of concern? Looking at a person's profile once in a while does not mean that there is something going on. Do you guys meet frequently? Do you know her personally? If he is looking, let him look, don't care and don't confront at all, unless you find something to be really concerned about, like frequent conversations which are not casual. If you ask me, stop following what he does on social media. The more interest you show in this matter, the more the odd behavior. Don't fan your insecurity and don't ask him unless you are having some issues with your husband on the marital front. Even if you have any issues, address them first, don't take this route. If he is showing interest in you, then don't bother about her. And if she is married already why the hell do you care? If you ask him, he is likely to get offended or he will say something that you may not really want to hear, there will be unnecessary fights and you will be in a bad spot. Even if he denies it, you will not be in peace. Don't let negative feelings affect you OP. Just wait and watch and don't take it your head. Men will be men, they always adore other women. You cannot do anything if he wants to see her pictures or like her posts and not like yours. It is his problem not yours. If you feel there is something you need to improve on, then do it. At least that way, you will be satisfied that you did everything on your front.

Ind3, madras2018, NeetaR and 2 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

How do you he is checking out?even if one checks in watsapp and fb how would you know?

Anyways,honestly it is natural human tendency to check out someone good looking.I still check my husband's friend's profile in fb( haven't even met them)coz they appear stylish,interesting but that does not mean am lusting after them.it is natural to be curious about someone who is attractive.having said that your hubby probably is curious to know about that attractive lady not coz
    He does not love you anymore but as I said it's a human instinct.It might fizzle
    Of later.

talk about the girl by appreciating her and just ask about her to him.if he reacts normally and says everything about her nothing to worry.even otherwise I don't think there is anything to worry

minn1 and songbird46 like this.
  4. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

If it was an actress or model you wouldn't care. This is someone real, so perhaps the discomfort. Let him be, we don't need or want to know what others are thinking! :eek:

If it gets obvious then have a sense of humour about it. He can have a crush, nothing's likely to happen. And, if he realises that you know, you can milk it to your heart's content:rolleyes::biggrin:

5. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey OP,

I would differ a bit from others here. I wouldn't confront my husband but I would surely ask him about it.......

for instance, if he is seeing some pic, and I happen to be nearby or I notice, I tell him, 'hey, she looks cute, who is she?'...the minute I know that she is someone's wife or gf, I keep pulling his leg saying 'too bad, you lost your chance' or something of that sort.

When I don't take things seriously, I realized that my husband was more open to telling me about things. Again, I don't ask him in a prying manner. I ask him casually.

sindmani, Vaikuntha, minn1 and 2 others like this.
  6. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

No Beautifullife it is not good to give the man an idea if he doesn't have it, that is like knocking on trouble's door - showing them that you are insecure and also jealous of the other female, both are not good, because that exposes the wife's weakness, enough for them to play on. Just keep quiet and keep an eye periodically. Never confront or even mention the other female. I don't think OP should berate herself even for a joke.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    EnlightenedSoul and Madhumagie like this.
  7. Tharun1985

Tharun1985 Bronze IL'ite

I don't think....This is the kind of attraction and infatuation. But keep on monitoring....just cool warning when you feel his going to wrong...So he will come to realize the situation.

anika987 likes this.
  8. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

:tearsofjoy::biggrin: very true Wat songbird46 has said

9. anitalovesyou

anitalovesyou Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for your help. Some of you are saying to let it go, and some of you are saying to have a light talk about it. Its also good that a male member has also given suggestion, since its also good to know the male point of view in such a situation. The confusion is should a wife talk about such an issue, the moment she sees a spark, or wait for a full blown fire and then talk about it. Will talking put something in his head... direct him to the right path, or make him more attracted towards the forbidden path ??

I feel we women might have, or are going through certain situations in our lives. Like Bruised234 said, "men will be men, they will always adore beautiful women", but we as wives, lets be honest, do we really appreciate that adoring nature of our husbands towards other women, and what if that adoring nature is on a daily basis now ?

PS.. I always feel that writing answers for other members, is influenced by what mood we are in at that moment. Just my thought. Dont u think it holds true ?

nakshatra81 likes this.
  10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

How exactly do you know he is checking out that other lady more than your comfort level?

sindmani and anika987 like this.