1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband never gives me any gifts for any occasion...breaks my heart :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya2782, Feb 7, 2013.

1. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

Lol. He doesn't give me any gifts either and I don't too.We send each other online greeting cards and go out for dinner/shopping have a nice time.:)Sometimes I cook something special for him,that's it.
    I will admit it bothered me a lot first time but then that's the way he is.I wouldn't like it if I asked for gifts and he gave me,so I learned not to do too much for him and also have zero expectations.Sometimes when you spend so much time and energy for ones you love and they don't reciprocate you will be upset.Its human nature,so either stop doing so much for him(keep it minimal) or when you gift do it out of love have zero expectations(which is kinda difficult)!

1 person likes this.
  2. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

veeramachaneni..I now buy whatever I need myself...but telling him in advance also didn't do anything, he was his sameold self again...doing nothing..that's what bothers me

3. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

that sounds a lot like mine, he grew without gifts & big celebrations, so I guess he doesn't think it's important..he barely counts valentines as something to celebrate but b'day & anniversary too he leaves out

4. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

I know it is hard...but there is one thing you can do...Buy something really nice for yourself. Tell him you bought etc etc as birthday gift for yourself.

It is actually not as sad as it sounds...try it and I am sure you will love doing it...

3 people like this.
  5. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Yes, treat yourself as "GodIsOne" told. I do the same, less expectations more happy, I used to get upset for not remembering my birthdays and no gifts, thats fine, I learnt to make myself happy. It may not seem romantic, but that is the element I gave up to make myself content.

dhivyacc and Rihana like this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Get your own gift ......their surprise gifts might not exactly be the one you like or want. :)
    Shopping is therapeutic too.

3 people like this.
  7. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I am kind of girl usually wanted to choose gift for myself, i never expect any gift from my H. I know some men are like that, my H usually ask me before he buys, because I am very picky.Better you try buying gift and surprise, as long you guys are affectionate we dont need any gift in between h and wife.

8. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

My DH used to buy me gifts but has stopped. It cld be bcos I'm choosy. I also stopped buying gifts. We just go out for dinner and shopping and buy what we like in those special days. It's ok for me cos I can buy what I like...try it..

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Count on me too. If I speak anything about romance, my husband will ask, "Oh.. how much a kilo is????" As someone said, it is because of his DNA, can't blame though.

I still remember, it was our first valentine after marriage. As usual, he forgot to wish me, leave the gift alone. That day, my best friend in office bought red roses to all the female staff (we were 5 or 6 in that dept) and wished us happy valentine. I took that rose to home in the eve, and my poor husband was expecting as it was my gift for him.
    I just left it in our dressing table, and moved on. He surprisingly asked about this rose, and for his curiosity, I said it was from my best friend:hide:. He was like.....:idontgetit:..

From that time onward, he started gifting me on my special days. Most of the times I do not like the colour or shape of the gift as they have got nothing that a girl could like. But I cherish and use them as my husband got them for me with care and love.
    Eg: Last valentines he gifted me a new helmet for my scooter:bonk

He never packs them, and never gifts me romantically too:thumbsdown. But I love his efforts:thumbsup

8 people like this.
  10. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

next time on an occasion... u buy a gift and wrap it with ur name on it..... and let him see it.... let him think who gifted you...... later make him realise that u had to gift yourself as he does not do that....also keep reminders of dates/occasions on his mobile.... men are wired in a way they are not good with dates......hope this helps

3 people like this.