1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband is a Mommy's boy....ugh!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by bharthi, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Just was sent to me by a friend as SMS. Why there is such trouble between Saas and Bahu? Because the mother teaches her son to wear the underwear and it takes her 5 years. But it takesonly 5 minutes for the wife to remove it.

This might be a nasty joke but it was very much a thing to be thought of. We all are mothers now and we all will are possessive of our children. I know a mother who is possessive of her daughter and she ruined her daughter's life which led to divorce.

Just think of one simple thing that we all will be MILs oneday and if we will also be in the same place as our MILs are now. So dont get upset at your MIL. Make sure that you make ur husband go out with your MIL also to places of her interest like temples etc. This will make her not to get jelous of you when you go out with your husband.

Dont treat her as your enemy and at the same time dont pester your husband too. Nagging will irritate him and will make him more a mommy's boy. As I always say try to think your MIL as your own mother. Keep you husband in your brother's place and think of your own mother's reaction towards your SIL. Be happy that he has not gained a pet name as HENPECKED which is a bad one.
    Mommy's boy is always good for you also in the long run.

Try pampering and learn things from your MIL about your husband make sure even though you know from him first hand let her tell things about him. This will give her pride and will give her a joy that she is sharing something about a common person.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Rajmi Arun,
    you are right. When we marry a man, we also marry his family. He is son to his mother also. Nowadays, girls are very impatient and do not want to share and live.

1 person likes this.
  3. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bharathi,

I am tempted to write some thing on thing on this:)- But do not have any personal experience so far, but got to hear from my sisters and my mum abt this.

I think situations like this will happen for every DIL. Its better to take only the important points of disagreement to husband rather than each and every minute incidents. Probably how we start the discussion on such topics as a complaint/feeling/lighter vein changes the way the matter is being accepted/considered by husband. All of a sudden, changing husband's nature will be very difficult and he will realize it over a period of time.

However we all understand that MILs are elder to us and they have lived longer. Let them enjoy some part of their life through this Manager position. They may want to rag their juniors as they have got some seniority now. [Am happy that U are getting a good chance in this nuclear family world to be with your Inlaws.] Treat it as a college ragging and enjoy madi!!!. You will also definitely get a chance in future to rag your DIL.:)- Consider only very serious issues to be discussed hi hi......and leave the others in a lighter vein.

Cheers,

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Mil is a mother too

Dear everyone,

I seem to have missed this thread for a long time. Nowadays there are too many threads popping up from every side we tend to miss one or two important ones.

Mil is a mother too . we have to think of it like that. If our hubbies start complaining about our mummies will you stand it?? won't you scream at him?? will you say.. ' oh.. what my mummy did was wrong and start complaining with him'
    and that will you accept that your mother was cribbing about the work not done..

No, because she is our mother.. But why don't you start looking at the problem like that. she is a mother and she is telling you what she feels that you should do. If you agree with her go ahead and do it or just try to convince her that she is wrong or just ignore her like you would your mother. That's all.
    If your hubby starts telling you, that you are a mammas girl how would you feel??
    I have had a good MIL and my daughter also had one good MIL. My daughter's MIL passed away last month.
    She is very much upset and I am trying to console her, to which I have not succeeded till now.

Good mils are there and these never come out. Always remember that you'll step into those shoes sooner than you think.

Latha

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

thanx

wow,what a gr8 example..after reading this, i have changed a lot

6. avireena

avireena New IL'ite

hi,

As in some replies it was said just adjust. i dont agree.
    marriying a guy and coming and staying with there parents it self is kind of big adjustment.
    see inlaws feel that they have brought up there kid to such a position and the girl coming now is enjoying . Actually they cannot digest this fact.
    almost all the MILs even the highly educated once feel that.

why should a highly eduacated women .who is equally earning and independent has to be treated like that..even she is brought up like boy with lot of importance.
    why should she be submissive..as a husbands mother she should be given respect and she deserves.. but u should also has to safeguard ur selfrespect..not simply ignoring the bad treatment..will solve the problem.

i agree that patience will do good..but how long u can wait.
    u should help urself...there is saying..even god cannot do anything if a person cannot help himself.
    bcoz u know the people with whom u stay..so u will be the best person how to act.
    anyways all the best.

7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Oh man..not again

Bharthi - This has been discussed numerous times here. Please do a search in married section and Inlaws forums and I am sure you will get tons of advice.

If there is a specific issue, please do mention so that members here can suggest accordingly.