1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband habit of drinking - good / bad

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sheebros, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheebros

sheebros Bronze IL'ite

hey all...

Does husband habit of drinking good or bad?
    somehow I have reduced my husband to reduce now occasionally in parties..
    but how long i keep checking ?sometimes i feel whether my life is safe and secure?
    drinking among guys are very common these days..
    but somehow our family doesnt encourage this?
    do u all have the same feeling...
    I feel husband should have the self control on it....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010

2. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Husband habit of drinking -good / bad

Hi 'Sheebros',

The key word here is "moderation" of alcohol intake. This means, taking alcohol, once in a while, not regulary. And, the amount should not exceed two large pegs (60 mil each), at one instance. This is called social drinking. There is no problem in it.

There are men (as well as some women) who continue to have the habit of 'social drinking' lead a normal life. Such a social drinking is not going to do any harm.

Only thing is, there is some undeniable chance that the social drinking can evolve into regular drinking and addiction, in some (not all) individuals. Though it does not happen with every one having social drinking, it is a hidden danger.

3. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

-----------hey all...

Does husband habit of drinking good or bad?---------

Hey Sheebros....

No questions about it...

Drinking is bad
    Drinking is an addiction
    Drinking can spoil your marriage
    Drinking kills
    Drinking contols your life
    Drinking reduces your lifespan
    Drinking impairs your judgement
    Drinking causes cancer

These are lines from my daughter's 4th grade essay about drinking...

4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

5. indianguy2010

6. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

She did not get any awards for it then...Now she is a teen and my prayers are ...hopefully she remembers every word she wrote in that essay for the rest of her life.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sheebros, what exactly is drinking occasionally here? I mean, does he loose control over himself whenever he drinks? If not, I do not see a reason why you are making a big issue (if you are) here.

Even I drink a glass of wine, at least 4 days a week. Does it mean its bad? To me, no.

The key is moderation.

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Even after reading the above statements , I do not understand how people can say that there is something like "drinking in moderation" and "social drinking" and it is not bad.

Dear Sheebros, Drinking is bad.period.But your hubby boozing or drinking is upto him and you.Why do you have to worry about whether it is common these days or not?You can probably google on how to turn a boozer to a non-boozer and incorporate those techniques or ask your doctor about it.(I just wish the doc does not claim drinking is not bad:biglaugh)

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Bhuvi I am totally with you on this one:cheers

just an observation ..I dont think a wife would be worried to an extent of checking on her husband now n then on how much he is drinking..unless she is convinced that whatever he is doing has crossed that so called limits of moderation. I dont think any wife would just jump in and want her husband to quit drinking if he is in his limits and knows how to carry himself well aftger he had drinks...we have to understand this point and stop saying moderation is ok moderation is good....someone can have 2 pegs of liquor and still stand straight and think straight..and some one will already be stammering after those 2 pegs...so everyones body and the way it reacts to alcohol is different..so there is no defined line called moderation.

10. indianguy2010

In the late nineties, there was a study, in France and some European countries. Those who take , red wine (port wine) regularly , develop less heart attacks and strokes.

Some among the Medical Fraternity, started claiming that alcohol, taken in moderate amounts can be heart friendly. Fortunately, such a concept, did not get acceptance, by most doctors.

There are two reasons for it. One...............the results observed in France, is only with relevence to red wine, not related to whiskey, rum and brandy.

Second..........A doctor Encouraging any one, to take red wine or any alcohol, just because, some one , somewhere found some benefits in a section of the population, will be an act of IRRESPONSIBILITY. Because, the disadvantage of the addiction liability will clearly supercede, whatever minimum cardiac friendly advantage, it might have.

Yet, there are some very few old doctors.................who may recommend, their patients to consume red wine daily.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.