1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband: dont act like you have mastered by giving birth to 10 babies

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mirrorimage, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

I gave birth to my baby boy 1 week back.I am unable to do any work or walk since my pelvis area hurts like hell.while I asked my husband to give the baby to feed.
    when I realized the baby had diapers dirty I asked him to change it .
    He dint listen to me ,he wanted me to feed the baby first.I wanted him to remove the dirty diaper and give the baby to me.I dint want to feed the baby with dirty diaper on.
    When I said this to him-
    He started telling in tamil " pathu kozhandaiyae pethu pota maadri pesaadha"
    translation-"dont talk to me like you have given birth to 10 kids and talking".
    when I faught for myself for making such statement,he shouts saying that statement was not a mistake at all and he dint say anything wrong.He casually made that statement.
    with postpartum health and depression all these adds up and makes me feel low...

2. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Your h is either really immature and selfish or he is a monster.
    Stop arguing. If you can, show him on the internet how a female body changes to accommodate child birth.
    Nobody can dictate if and when you have healed. 1 week is very much on the early side. Get a mom or sister who can care for you. Or get paid help. That might help him to empathize a bit.

Also, dirty diapers left on the baby long will/can cause rashes.

sindmani and MalStrom like this.
  3. Shivalaya

Shivalaya Silver IL'ite

How arrogant! Get some help and enjoy ur time with baby, dont Let these negatives affect you..

sindmani likes this.
  4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

every feeding time for baby should have a diaper change first followed by feeding.

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Next time he says something ridiculous like this - "oru kozhandha kooda pethukaadha nee pesadhe" retort. Ask pediatrician to tell him dirty diapers will cause rashes and not to put the child in difficulty because he is too lazy!

6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Oh My God! This reply is awesome. Just tell him this and he should shut up!

For Ilites needing translation - "You have not given birth to even one child, so do not speak"

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, you've received nice responses - ones that are as hopping mad as you, smart-pithy responses, and work-arounds.

Also remember that along with the joy of a newborn, it is a stressful and sleepless time too. If he says something unreasonable, give back a brief sharp reply, or just be silent if you can, and leave it. Don't later fight over it, and try to get the satisfaction of having him admit it was wrong of him.

How dirty is a diaper... is as difficult to answer as how long is a piece of string. Unless, there is #2 in the diaper, definition of dirty can vary.

Parenting often gives rise to such sharp exchange. "How safe is a diaper change area.." " why did he/she leave the baby unattended while dashed to closet to get new pack of diapers." "The baby didn't fall!!!!" But mom and dad can argue over it while baby gazes at them with wide-eyes, until it gets upset and starts to cry...... : )

Men, can be dense, at times. You will really wonder what they were thinking when they did/said something related to child.

Might not be the best time to ask... is MIL here? She wanted to accompany you to ob-gyn visit during pregnancy? :)

Congratulations on the addition to the family.

sindmani, peartree and Lata6 like this.
  8. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Never never rely on hubby for help. I learnt that by my own experience.(hubby's chose that time to be at their insensitive best). Keep a box each with diapers, baby Clothes,wipes,socks to change in living room where you spend time apart from bed where you sleep and one box in bedroom near you bed side. So you can just put your hand and reach for it. I cudnt stop laughing seeing Peartree's response. You can repeat the same with your hubby. Wherever you spend time with baby maximum during the day keep a box with essentials handy. One in car too. Diapers and clothes and wipes,socks are basic. Always a box handy. I used to keep 4-5 diapers where our baby used to sleep with 2 sets of clothes .

As much as possible do not do anything strenuous just for retaliating your hubby .Turn deaf ears to his words. Your health and baby needs are first and foremost. Rest of all comes later. Do basic things like getting up , sitting down and lying down with extreme care.

Good Luck and take care. Enjoy these moments. The best things to look forward to your baby's first smile, first tooth, first mom. That's what you shud dream about.Be tuff and turn deaf ear to wisdom imparted by hubby, in laws .

sindmani and MalStrom like this.
  9. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mirrorimage,

Your husband is a egotistic, selfish, self involved prick. Sorry to say this but its true. From all your previous posts and worries it is evident that he has always treated you this way without care for your feelings. You should be used to his behavior and hurtful words by now. By that I mean, paying no heed to his words and moving on with your life. I know its easier said than done. But whats the point of taking his words to heart and feeling low about it. It doesnt look like hes goin to change anytime soon so only thing you can do his change your response to it. Dont pay attention to his harsh words, if you do then say something back to him - sharp and to the point. Some good response ideas here that have been posted by others.
    Dont expect him to come around and say sorry and be nice to you. Doesnt look like hes the kind to do that. So save yourself the disappointment. If miraculously he realises and says sorry.. great. But dont keep these expectations from him.
    Be as self-sufficient as possible, ask for his help only when you really need it.

Congratulations on the lil bub. Enjoy this time and takecare of your health.

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on your newborn.

I agree with Rihana.. Unless the diaper has #2 of your baby, the dirty part can vary person to person. Don't argue over it now, and lose your patience.
    Even if such argument happens unexpectedly, don't drag it further. He may be wrong, but don't expect that he will accept that with you.
    Leave it. Ignorance will be a blessing in this case.

You are definitely tired and needs rest. 1 week baby, plus all the healing process, sleepless nights... Oh.. God, I don't even want to imagine that phase of my life. NOT EASY AT ALL.
    But that's why parents or in laws come all the way from India to help you.
    That's why they give you some pain killers and special food
    Make use of it.

If he doesn't change the diaper, ask him to bring the diaper and wet tissue/towel along with the baby. So that you can clean the baby and hand-over the dirt diaper and tissues to him for disposal. By this time, you can start feed the kid. The work is done without you having to move.
    If he is busy, then ask him to send MIL as his grand-child is needing her. As soon as she comes, give her the diaper work.
    Use others around you diplomatically during this time. Don't be so possessive of your child (if you are). Just let them pamper, care and do whatever with the kid while you utilize the time to sleep/rest or even eat. Because, they all will leave soon. The kid and the entire responsibility of raising him/he will be yours forever.
    In reality, you will get back to your sleep and the peaceful phase in your life after many many years only. So, don't lose your peace for such silly reasons. Take care of your self.

sindmani and leenarajaryan like this.