1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband doesnt want a baby now

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nr11, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I agree with many of the points mentioned above.
    I do not believe its a bad thing to wait a little more. Financial insecurity can have deeper implications on men. As deep as the nesting urge in women. But give it at least 2 years after the wedding and think about it all. It gives you time to live as husband and wife and deal with some other kinds of priorities, while enjoying certain freedom as just the two of you for now.

But I would stress that you could set a goal. It could be that you'll start trying when you both turn 28 (or 29 - what ever age you'd both feel comfortable with) or it could be once you have as much savings in your accounts to be able to deal with the new commitment. Also which ever comes earlier. 2 or 3 years will be vague and you'll end up starting the topic 2 OR 3 years later about when it was supposed to be..lol..I know that cos it happened to me :D

Insurance is a great idea. Usually many software companies do provide insurance to the employee/spouse with respect to delivery expenditure. That should take care of the expenditure for health.

2. nr11

nr11 Bronze IL'ite

Thank u all very much.. I too feel financial planning is more important before baby's arrival now.. :) I have stopped nagging my DH about this right now.But,we do end up in argumetns whenever we talk about managing finances. He is not inclined to talk about future plans and other stuffs. Whenever I talk about buying a new home or managing money he is annoyed. Is this normal or only my DH behaves like this? He does not care about wat i want to convey. He would start watching tv or do some activity other than listening to me. :( How do i make him listen my thoughts..