1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Does Not Love and Care

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kris98, Feb 15, 2016.

1. kris98

kris98 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Please help me out on this. This issue is taking a toll on me emotionally. Not sure what to do about it. Sincere thanks for your thoughts in advance.

I got married in 2006. It was purely an arranged marriage. Trouble begin to brew within a couple of weeks since my mother in law used to verbally abuse and accuse me for no reason. I kept mum and bore it all hoping that my in-laws n hubby would understand me. I did everything to adjust and accommodate.

Right from the start, my hubby has never showed any love or affection. When I used to stand next to him, he would ask me to stand far away. We would hardly go out anywhere, was always confined to home. At the very very rare occasions when we used to step out, he used to ask me to walk atleast 10 steps behind saying that he was ashamed to walk along.

9 years have passed this way. Inspite of everything, even now am loving and courteous towards his parents and have moulded myself fully to suit his orthodox traditions. On the contrary he never talks to my parents forgot about showing any concerns towards them.

He has never shown any affection physically in all these years of marriage like holding hands, hugging etc.,

He has never been supportive of anything. Does not share anything with me. Infact I know nothing about him. We never talk and even when i show affection and try to start a conversation, he doesn't speak. He never calls from office either. When I call him he never picks the calls most of the times.

The kind of hatred behavior he shows is very very hurting. Having borne this for 9 years , now I am emotionally collapsed. I feel absolutely unworthy and a total waste.

Owing to all of this my mind is showing the only option as ending my life. ! I am on the verge of things and totally lost out. My health is gone for a toss emotionally & physically. Though am aged 37years, ppl around say I look 50+.

Till now he has never shared any thing about him. I dont know what he works as, what designation he holds and what is the salary he earns. His mom always brain washes him all wrong things about me. Its sad that though he lives with me 24/7 he still continues to believe what his mom says.

He has never brought anything for me till now in these 9 years and refuses to take anything that i give or gift him.

All that I do everyday is cook clean and entertain his parents and family when they visit us.

He snubs me for everything and has never been appreciative even once.

Request you to pls share as to what can be done about this. I truly truly love him and not able to understand why is showing such an estranged behavior.

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Have you ever spoken about this to him?Do you have kids? Have you ever asked him y is he ashamed to walk along with you?

3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

OP are you some kind of a saint to go through this for 9 years?Seriously!! this is too much.You should stop expecting anything from him and his parents now.If nothing has changed in last 9 years nothing is going to change in upcoming years too.

I need time to think more to reply you in detail.Do you have children?how about your parents?Do they know hat you have been going through?

4. Maithilli

Maithilli New IL'ite

Nine long years..

Don't you think it is quite a long time to understand each other..

You still don't know where he works??

Seems you have waited too long and have not been able to change anything since getting married.

No affection or love, not even involved in a normal conversation even like friends - don't you think it is all too weird in a marriage.

So I have not at all entered into other aspects of marriage.

Just what you had written above I have quoted a few...They are all RED FLAGS.

BTW why do you have to feel unworthy about yourself and as a total waste..

You are normal person, probably more tolerant than is required and there are quite a lot of red flags from your husband's side. Bring your parents and others relatives into picture and discuss the issues. I think you are too overwhelmed and would not be able to talk now as you had not been able to do so in 9 years.

Don't lose hope and moreover you first live for yourself, others in your life should add value to your life, not make it a hell. If they are making it hell, they need to be corrected or advised accordingly. So seek help from others in your family side.

Regards,
    Maithilli

5. kris98

kris98 Senior IL'ite

Yes many many times. But he has never answered. He will just sit quietly. I have a 7 year old son

6. kris98

kris98 Senior IL'ite

I have a 7 year old son. My parents know about it and they asked my husband in a very loving way. But anytime anything is asked, he will just sit quietly and never ever open his mouth.

7. Maithilli

Maithilli New IL'ite

Now all the more reason you have to be bold and stand up for yourself and your kid..

With a kid who is dependent on you, How can you even think about ending your life..

As I suggested bring your relatives into picture...

8. kris98

kris98 Senior IL'ite

Maithili, Yes I understand that no marriage would be as weird as this one. My hubby has been asked many times but he never opens his mouth. My parents, his and relatives too questioned but in vain. His parents always support him and say he is like that only silent, and that I need to adjust and be patient. Sadly my in laws are not understanding the naunces and the emotional trauma that am going through. Somewhere I feel that may be he is taking advantage of the fact that am adjusting and accomodative. but in front of others he will behave normally.

9. kris98

kris98 Senior IL'ite

I am sticking on just for the sake of my son alone. More so I feel when I have done everything to go by his ways, why should i lose out on my life or walk off. But now am not able to take it anymore. It pains very deeply to be treated this way

10. Maithilli

Maithilli New IL'ite

REALLY...

Sama, Dana, Behda, Dhanda..

You are in the last stage there..

Sometimes you need to be like Kannagi in real life and that is what is needed now..