1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband does not call

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by arty2010, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Arty,
    Dont worry everything will be alright.Even my husband dont pick all of my calls if he is busy or in a meeting well many time I would not be knowing the scenario at the other end.I too dont call him often.But yes,if something is bothering me and cant wait to hear from him then definately I sms him and he just responds to it in a word or two.I have also stopped complaining completely on not picking my calls or his delayed response to my calls.

Well, you do set some rules or limits to keep you informed when he will be late.In my home after 9 or 9.30 pm means its very late.

Couple of times when my hubby reached home late(I was not informed in advance) I have not even reacted for not informing me.He was just wondering why I am not questioning/nagging him on the reason.Now days he only opens up if unintentionally he is late and if i am not informed in advance...

Your hubby will also change and will also understand how much you care for him.Dont worry.
    Take care

2. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

YOu are right. In the beginning, couples vow to do everything in life together and when we actually do it we are accused of being "not understanding". Advice taken, beerbal.

3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Dear arty,

Some guys are always positive. They don't call back every time to check how's things at home. Because they know all would be fine. And they also don't seem to understand their wife gets worried if they are late without informing. If you say you get worried, he'll say you are being negative, simply fear something bad might have happened and ask you to always think positive.

So rather than nagging and fighting over this, you call or sms him.
    Like JAG suggested, you can fix a time when he needs to inform you if he'll be late than that time. When he goes for tour, just say your kids miss him that they keep asking when daddy'll be back. Ask him to call home and speak to the kids.

I didn't read your past threads. I hope this is your only concern in your marriage and your husband has been like this ever since you got married.

Wish you happiness. :thumbsup

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Good catch ...it was a typo..the code is a couple of calls back to back Or text. Prefer calls back to back ..text he cant read in a meeting without being rude. I wish we can have a phone that vibrates in different ways :)

5. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

You are too sweet :) calling DH to call kids!
    I dont think I would go thru so much trouble. I will remind him once and if he does not do it I consider it his loss :p After yrs of "neglect" I have become like this :) I liked beerbal's practical advice.

6. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Arty,

This is my experience.For some people initial years are brutal.It could be any reason.Inlaws ,husband immaturity or whatever.

But when you notice change in person attitude or feeling,we should start from fresh.

Obviosuly,I am not sure,your husband turned worest or better over the years.

If he turned better then ,may be it's just forget the old story and start little fresh ,instead of holding on it.That will give chance to them to reboundce back.

Just my 2 cents.