1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Belly Fat...help!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by anika987, Oct 1, 2018.

1. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Please note that very minimal requirement to keep ourselves healthy is a basic exercise regime such as brisk walk ( say 30 Minutes ) or simple workout's is really needed for the body, irrespective of whatever you are controlling by the diet.

My ex, had lots of belly fat too, as well. He did some abdominal crunches, but it did'nt help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
    My blog : www.quora.com/profile/Rekha-K-75

anika987 likes this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Actually I have heard more than looking good..belly fat is not healthy..

Hubby is 40 plus so it’s high time he takes care of himself:(

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Your ex?
    My first response to OP was about a "big scare" that could get the person started on a healthy lifestyle. I was only thinking of a health-scare.
    Was the belly-fat situation the cause of the breakup ?

anika987 likes this.
  4. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

No. That mattered to me the least !!. What i meant, its really tough to get rid of belly fat , once it turns up. He gets this health concious one day , gets enrolled in a gym, go for a few weeks, then forget about it.

anika987 and Amulet like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the clarification. It is indeed tough to train the psyche to go on with the gym routine when there are so many other pleasurable things in life.

For both men and women the old temptation to "stop running, after you catch the bus" applies.

Once "the" girl/boy is found (by independent means, or with the help of parents/brokers etc..) and married, there will be the usual teething problems/pains, but they'd go away, and people would settle into their routines, with one or two kids. And after that all manner of things may assume the proverbial "pear shape".

Some couples would shrug it off, and blithely go forward with their lives. For others, especially if one of the two is bent on resisting the shape-of-things, Life could be an unhappy struggle.
    C'est la vie.
    There is much happiness when couples are well-matched, whether they be carrying six packs or they be pear shaped.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    anika987 likes this.
  6. ktgeetha

ktgeetha Senior IL'ite

Eat only when hungry.
    Finish dinner before 2 hours to bed.
    Add kudampuli for rasam, instead of tamarind.
    Think of ways to celebrate life other than food.

anika987 likes this.
  7. VidhyaVi

VidhyaVi Bronze IL'ite

You can I include a fruit/vegetable salad as one of the three meals he has every day.

I tried this low-carb breakfast by Nisa Homey who runs a YouTube channel called skinny recipes.

You can check it out ...and try
    One suggestion would be to try brown rice instead of white rice and cut down on the noodles.. but of course you must have known this already.

Good luck.

siEanika987, post: 4096553, member: 353311"]I am very much into fitness and I have learnt that exercise,strength training and diet go hand in hand.
    Infact 80% is diet and 20% is exercise..
    so that quite makes me relaxed but not yet:(

Husband leaves early and returns back late.He has no time to workout neither is he interested.One cannot force someone to workout so that leaves me with working with his diet..

I dont need a six packs or toned bodyf or him but that belly fat is a lot..
    Infact I pack his breakfast and lunch and I get too tired with my hardwork and no results..

He prefers rice but I kind of cajoled and giving him roti 3 times a week max..
    he loves noodles and if i do not get it..he gets it.
    He prefers south indian food and his rice quanity is quite more than he shoudl consume..
    he eats late

Infact going a bit low carb and high on protein will help but he isnt interested.

Ok I know it is very very tough to help me with this but is there any way out and reduce his belly..
    any indian diet charts which helped?[/QUOTE]

8. drsumitasofat

drsumitasofat New IL'ite

30 min. Workout is important if you want to live a healthy and quality life. It's better to spend on quality food rather than medicines.

anika987 likes this.
  9. senotrix

senotrix New IL'ite

yes I agree with you

10. NicholasMiller

NicholasMiller New IL'ite

The right type of exercise, diet, discipline, and motivation always help to eliminate belly fat faster.

How To Get Rid Of Belly Fat