1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband And Wife's Fight Impact On Kid

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by India123, Aug 22, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I have heard this before. Yes its a good one.

2. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Good one :)

3. Benitapaul

Benitapaul Silver IL'ite

OP, There is a movie called " Pasanga" in Tamil where the kids will be impacted badly because of their Parents fight. The class teacher of the kid will talk to their father saying there's two things needed in any relationship especially marriage - Appreciation and Apologize. That's very true. Appreciate each other for small things and similarly apologize for any words or action that might hurt each other.

You clearly care about your family and seeking advice, I appreciate that. We don't see many men looking for suggestions from someone else about their problems. Every human is longing for the appreciation from their loved ones.

I live in US too, I was working full time in India and adjusting to live as housewife is not easy but doable with a little help from husband. I went through that phase, I would have plenty of time in the day and would overthink all the problems that had,will or never happens and would make myself upset. So when my DH gets back from office, I would expect him to be kind and loving to me. Even if he goes straight to freshen up, I would feel as if he doesn't care for me. This was going on for few months and most of the days we would end up fighting and go to bed angry at each other without having a solid reason. According to my DH, he is doing what he can do and I am not understanding that which was true. Then one day, we thought of doing a role play change to understand each other point of view. He took a day off and was at home and I did volunteer work at the library . When I get home, I had the urge to sit down and relax and he wanted me to talk to him. In our case, that one day brought a change.

I ask you to stop reacting to your wife's venting out or tantrum and slowly think of a way to put yourself in her place and analyze why she would do that. Things will be better soon if you would feel each other point of view and your son would understand it and the impact he has now will definitely vanish when he sees you guys happy.

Be patient and sure things will turn around. All the best.

India123 and sindmani like this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Nice one. Good suggestion.

Benitapaul likes this.
  5. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

that is Pasanga 2... :)

6. India123

India123 Silver IL'ite

My wife do not have much friends, I ask her to go out. She never makes friends. All the friends she have are my friend's wives.She do not mingle or call them exclusively unless they call her.
    I work on 2 jobs, make decent money.My wife just started a job as payroll person in desi company.

7. India123

India123 Silver IL'ite

I do not know Tamil

8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, so u can take her outings, it is not necessary for all to get friends . it is enough if a life partner behaves as friend. Since I remember ur other thread too, I feel marriage counseling is best .

Sandycandy likes this.
  9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I second that, she could be a introvert and is probably looking for a friend in her spouse . I sense from your posts that you do not think very highly of her ( don't know if it's because of your conflicts with her). She could have self esteem issues and I wonder if it's compounded by your behavior. Not pointing fingers, but it's something for you to think about.

10. connecttousha

connecttousha New IL'ite

It's very important for a husband to be understanding and give time to a wide, all a wide would expect is for their husband to be there for her always, you need not be physically present or give lot of time to her if you have a busy schedule, if she can feel Ur presence emotionally that alone would be sufficient for her to be emotionally attached to you. Think about your relationship and see if there is emotional attachment with your wife and she feels it, that is what makes a difference. If you both feel the connect, behaviours will automatically be changed.