1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Always Busy?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Reesha, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    It's been very long time hear for me. I and my husband are working in a busy industry. My husband is a supervisor, he needs to maintain 30+ team. We are going fine financially. But we both are at age of 30,36. Except my honey moon, we don't have any other sweet memories with me. I am kind of earn,save and enjoy current life. But my husband is kind of earn,save and be in safe always. Finally due to busy working, kids planning 7 yr of my life didn't achieve any of my to-do-list in case of trips. Because even though I took break, my husband not taking. I tried solo trip with public gang, but with out proper company it is not full filling. Every time he stopping me by saying security issue and we have more life ahead for trips not now. He is not opposing trips. But postponing continuesly. It's been 30+ completed for me that mean half of life time. Don't know how long he will do this postpone. My worry is eneargy and enthusiasm levels will go off once after 40+. Don't know how much our bodies support for mountain trips. Am I wrong or he is wrong?

2. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Dear Reesha,

Are you my mirror image ??

This is what I also wanted to post.
    The age, no kids, buzy husband no outing etc.
    This is what my life also looks like.

I also don't know sometimes what do I do with my husband. Safety net is always clinging closely.

What I do is tell my DH or make him understand that unless and until we don't get out and spend some time together how will we manage issues that will arise....we need to know each other better.
    Being alone traveling might also help in baby making progress.

Age difference also matters, the way he is brought up and how you are brought up.

I try n involve my SIL or any other family members who are planning a trip so at least he will get out n travel.

Hope things work out for you.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes you are very true. In future we may be having lot of money and time but if there is no energy then we can’t do anything adventurous !

Even I love traveling but I feel even my DH is not excited in traveling as much as me whereas I have seen couples who are equally interested in vacations and stuff.

Very few people are lucky who will get compatible partners.

Some are like that who are only career oriented and don’t want to enjoy now or may not be interested and don’t want to invest in such trips and outings .

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    CoolPie and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

I made the same mistake years ago when I got married, and now a lot of the places I want to go to are not safe anymore. It does make me sad but not much I can do at this point, especially with young kids.

I'm afraid I dont have much advice except maybe take shorter trips rather than planning big ones.