1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband, A Mummy's Boy Phenomenon - A Matter Of Grave Concern!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 13, 2007.

1. aashree

aashree New IL'ite

Hi,

I didn't read all the posts for this particular thread. SO hope i am not writing the same feelings which someone voiced before.
    There is a lesson to be learnt from the writing of Shridhar.

For DIL : Shridhar was right when he cited an example saying that the DIL should have waited for a time to start giving good habits to the HAMB. Everything needs time. And one more thing is i hope these HAMBs don't get a wife who want to again dominate on them. They should get a chance to explore themselves independantly. And a woman has to come in front and give her best to make this transform. SO the best challenge for a woman here is to mould your husband to stand in his life independantly than to dominate on him

For a MOM who will be future MIL : Keeping this in mind , one should not go so much beyond in love for your child that he is not able to stand by himself. Be a support for a person not his weakness , it will eventually hurt in some way or the other. If a mom comes to know that her son is too much dependant on her she has to find out ways to solve this and if she doesn't realize atleast she should not come in between when her DIL takes up this job :)

Shridhar,
    I really like your writings. They are all full of meaning. Everytime i am reading i put myself in that situation and think over it. Infact for your stories i give my name in the character involved and always keep on thinking what i would do in that situation. It is nice to have you on this site. I have to yet finish all your threads. Yet to read the serials also.I am new to IL and i guess i am quite addicted to it..so much so that i discuss IL with my hubby. He is happy that i got a land where i can at times move away from my day to day routine.

Thanks and keep posting such good articles..

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Aashree,

It is quite heartening to see that you have found your bearings in IL very soon. I have been observing you reading this article for quite some time. That shows in the very matured reply.

To make the HAMB switch his masters is quite easy. Any manipulative, politically minded women can accomplish that in a jeffy. But to make him a real, fullfledged, independent human being, you need a real leader and a real mother in that woman to do that.

I am very happy that you like my writings. Putting yourself in the place of these women is a tough job and you have done that well, as can be seen in your post.

Please do read the serials and let me have your views.
    Starting this Saturday I am starting yet another serial SHE. Hoping to see you there also.

regards,
    sridhar

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

How true!!!! I couldnot agree more,

First of all, both MIL and DIL should meet each other in half way to build a strong relationship, instead of trying to pull the support of the man.

I do agree, the man in question should be matured enough to handle such situations

Written very thoughtfully uncle:bowdown

4. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Raba. In those days I was quite preachy and used to write a lot of things like this. Nowadays I confine myself to story-telling only.
    sridhar uncle

5. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar sir,
    I think from your article the future strategy for Parents of gals is to see the would be MIL suitable for their DD and First make a rappart with MIL then enjoying life with HAMB or whatever will be easy.

Durga:biglaugh

6. varalotti

Hi Durga,
    Yes it could be the right strategy. But all said and done it all depends on the maturity of the concerned individuals.
    thanks for reviving an old thread of discussion.
    sridhar

7. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

I agree with your points. Definitely first few days of married life are extremely important. To make a good impression with MIL, so that she can put her guard down.
    I did that and have a great relationship with my MIL.

8. varalotti

I am very happy to know about your success, SM. Yes becoming trustworthy at first is very important. Normally the first impression does not change at all.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar