1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hurtful Fellow Music Class Mates- Pls Pour Suggestions

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I'm so hurt by my fellow classmates in music class. They are almost 20-25 yrs older to me.
    I recently joined Indian music classes.
    One the class mate aunty conducted a Pooja, she invited all of us. One of the person recorded when all of us were singing and playing violin. I'm totally amateur, while singing some times I stopped because I didn't know the lines.
    Someone had put the video in Facebook,
    Now I got the WhatsApp message from the music group" teacher called me..she is hearing the comments that one singer not singing..make sure no post this on facebook"
    This hurts, spoiling my weekend.
    I'm totally down.

Actually I wasn't comfortable when they called to sing, I told I can't, I don't know etc. My music teacher complelled me to sing and to attend the Pooja. They wanted to shoot which I wasn't aware of.
    I kept telling her, I don't want to come earlier. Later she compelled me, so I gave in.

I now understand, why they called me just a set property, in traditional Indian clothes... and get more advertising...
    I'm down.
    What should I do?
    Reply them back in WhatsApp? Or leave it.

2. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

Ugh, how humiliating OP! If I were you, I'll look for a new music class, this one seems too commercial to me. You weren't even informed that they were going to record and publish it? Shocking!

I love music and have been going to class since I was three under various teachers. None of them have EVER treated me or anyone else this way. A music teacher is supposed to behave like a true guru, one who loves their art and their students and dedicate it to God. Not sell it like this - yes I know it's really common nowadays, butt really doesn't sit right with me.

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

You should take an anonymous avatar on WhatsApp and reply saying that there is only one who is not lipsynching to some playback record. All the others are doing it. ;-) Most of the music videos with uncontrollable backdrops are lip-synched for a perfect studio recording, under ideal conditions.