1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hunt Dog!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 23, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It was a claustrophobic experience for it when it entered that big building. There was chaos everywhere in the reception. The beaming lights were on the statistics board, which said how richer fellow beings were, in the last year, for working there. As it was ushered inside by a well fed assistant, it felt a bit shy.

It was one of those which got a very high score in the competitive tests that was commonly held. It was considering various options before deciding on the final one to join. This was one company which quoted a maximum. It came on an invitation, to tour the facility and see if it liked it.

The smell of well cooked meat made it to salivate. It controlled its urge carefully, before being ushered into the video room. There was a plush seat there and a very tasty snack with a small bone before every seat. Next to it, sat the head of the hunting department, which spoke to it about how good the place it. "Many give a meagre amount at the end of day's work. But we offer one-third of what animal you hunt, to you. No company has offered such a thing before. You know? And the forest where you hunt is having an abundant supply of fowls, so you will soon turn fat like our assistant!", it said. Then they saw a film where one of the star hunters hunted 5 fowls in 10 minutes and was granted 2 of the large fowls it caught.

"Wow!", it thought. "I can catch 7 of those in 10 minutes!", it said. "Oh! Then this is the place for you, for having such a talent!", the hunting department head said. "We offer better perks if you sign for a 3 year bond!", it said. This one thought for a second and signed the bond and the order made.

As it came out, it saw the hero of the film it just saw, though looking thin and very exhausted. "Old age, perhaps!", it thought and went closer and congratulated it, about its achievement.

"Oh! Don't remind me! Fowls were aplenty then!", it said.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

What a great message through this simple story. Men accept jobs with high perks not knowing how successful they could be in the job they were about to accept. It is always better to watch what one could accomplish before accepting a job. The sense of fulfillment is much more important than the compensation. If one takes a job without understanding it, soon he would get frustrated and become not marketable.

Viswa

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Viswamitra, for your continuous motivation to all my attempts. I sensed that this one may receive lesser feedback, due to the satire tone. Glad to see that you started breaking that thought. -rgs

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vishwamitra said it all.... great message thru a simple story... great one rgs!!

Akila

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Akila. Yes Viswamitra's feedback was good. -rgs

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl

very well said RGS and could really sense the situation you are portraying there

and your portrayal of dog & meat bone infront of every seat.. ha haaa haaa...

And apart from being sarcastic.. your post carried a message and this story needs to told to all the fresh graduates before jumping to the offers..

7. rgsrinivasan

Ha! Nice to see that someone spotted one of the angles that I covered here. Jokes apart, many of us are lured into one trap or other by these top companies initially, Pallavi. Thats what I tried to mean as well. Very glad that you got it. Thanks. -rgs

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Made everyone to guess properly like viswa said we should always wait and watch
    and to decide about. Merely just dipping our mind into the large packages without knowing the real scene we ourselves will become worthless to judge. Well narrated

9. rgsrinivasan

True Sreema. In fact, many of us fall for it and realize and feel later. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs