1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hullabulloo Over Jallikattu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

SGBV a culture will not disappear because Jallikattu is banned. But otherwise your stand mirrors mine. You have virtually summed up what I have written.

SGBV likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha that goat must have got the goats of lot of participants and probably jealous bulls.

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

A goat jalllikattu would be a novelty!

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Cattle not giving milk and bulls unfit for farms and pulling carts are sold for beef in Kerala. It is tragic that farming is not economically viable. No wonder farmland is being sold to realtors in many areas. But the question still remains. Can Jallikattu be conducted humanely without the bulls being tortured or hurt? can and will foolproof measures be taken for it?l

KashmirFlower likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

I know you, as much as I do, hate to watch videos of animals being ill-treated. I started one video of how the Keralites transport and slaughter bulls and cows. They put chili powder in the eyes and bite the tail to make the animal get into the vehicle. The moment a sledge hammer was taken in the hand, the animal started screaming. I stopped the video. If there is next life for me because of my Karma, I certainly don't like to be a human being as I believe we are the disgrace to the Creator, if there is one.

6. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

This is what I have been saying..
    I am a vegetarian, by choice.. We dont have cattle anymore. We buy milk from nearby farms and trust me, most of them are real poor, its laughable to ask them not to sell their livestock for meat!
    Earlier, old cows are not given extra nutrition but allowed to graze alongwith the young and once they are dead, ppl took them for their skin.. I am saying around 25 yrs back.. Those times most of our land was sown once a year n grass was abundant.. Now, we hardly have water for us to drink and how can we water /feed the cattle? Result? Imagine the cow, looking for its calf, its very bad.. There should be some incentive in keeping these animals..
    I dont know, its the government and the judiciarys duty to draft
    And enforce laws to treat the animals well, instead all you educated people are asking us to stop doing things...
    My Dad gave up, let me see how many bleeding hearts it takes to save these animals..

akbanupriya and stayblessed like this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, we are nt only a disgrace bu

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

I appreciate your sensitivity. There has to be a societal change in these issues. Political class has to take a lead in such matters because people tend to be swayed by their opinion and it could open a Pandora box. any change is bound to be resisted so such issues need to be considered by creating public awareness

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately political class is using such issues only to score brownie points. See the way Jallikattu has been politicized by the opposition to beat both the central and state governments.

KashmirFlower likes this.