1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Would You Take It?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vennella, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Guys,
    I know and understand these excuses. But atleast one out of ten times, people should be ready. And we always maintain indian standards for time. We are always late, so there's always enough time to get ready.

2. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

;) i am sure i will get the same response

3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Do you invite them home also or is it one way only?
    If they visit's you, how is her behavior?
    Ok. after sometime she comes and greets.. will she participate in chat..or only for serving snacks and drinks?

4. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Yes, they visit us too. It's always been one visit at their house and the next visit at ours.

When they come over, they give us a time fram like "we'll be there this afternoon" or "we are going to x place near your house and we will drop by your house after that". And we would just say "come over".

When we go to their place it is always "please be here by 6-6:30" so something in half an hour range. This got me thinking, as in how they expect the highest etiquette from us when they can just be completely informal with us.

As to behaviour, now thinking about it, there will be some chatting but mostly related to kids. "My kid did this, this happened, blah blah". Never anything personal related. I will venture to other topics like job, weather, movies and i get pointed answers and no expansion of topics. So i just stop the attempt to actually have a conversation.

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I would be ticked off if this is a frequent occurrence. Once in a while..large gathering ..hostess is stretched thin cooking cleaning and getting everything ready and shows up after the guests while apologizing profusely(mea culpa!) then yes I am usually quick to forgive.
    Show up in sweats for an informal chit chat /tea 15 min after guests arrive ..with nothing in the way of excuse...hmm...I would think twice before accepting their invitation next time.

Vennella likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@vennela
    I feel you both aren't feel comfortable or friendly to each others presence. Just because of both of your husbands you are meeting each other. Kind of time pass friendships...That's why she was doing like that.... it is my guess don't take it wrong...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    happygolucky22 likes this.
  7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Does she feel shy to face you or hates to see you. Know some kids who would hide in their rooms if anyone comes to their house. Only if the guests don't leave in 30 minutes, they would put their heads out.

8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Yes. There is no apology either profusely or otherwise. Actually there is no consciousness of doing anything wrong at all. That is why I wanted to know if I am misunderstanding her behavior.

9. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

What you say maybe right. Definitely not friendly. Yes, it is more like we need to socialize for the sake of husbands and kids.

sindmani likes this.
  10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Hahahaha :)
    Definitely not shy
    I don't want to brag about myself but even I can't think I have it in me to excite such hatred. ;)