1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Ungrateful

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 9, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

How ungrateful

Everyone has read the story of Emam the obese lady from Egypt, her treatmet at Saifee Hospital, Mumbai, ane the controversy surrounding the lady.

She was the heaviest woman on earth a few months back with 500 kgs weight.Two hospitals wooed her , Saifee and another one, Saifee was favored. The central Govterment spent a crore to bring her by a modified plane to Mumbai, and another 2 crores spent on her treatment.

Now the hospital told them , it is time to leave, she has lost weight, and she is better.That is where a war or words started with Emam's sister saying that she is to stay at least a year and how can they sent them away so fast. it is said in the papers that the sister and her friends and relatives were not eating hospital frood, but ordering biryanis from their favourite hotels , the hospital footing the bill.

So now the sister attacked the doctors, went the press, and bqad mouted the hospital and the doctor.They have no money to pay, they want everything free, and if they dont get that, they call names .Height of ungratefulness i must say.

The sister thinks that the hospital got free publicity, so they had to listen to every whim and fancy of theirs. Well it has cost the hospital a neat packet of 2 crores.

Now it seemws another hospital in the middle east has offered to treat her, so they have gone there. And the hospital has promised that they will treat her for a year.And today i read the reports that Eman has many complications already.

This is the height of ungratefulness.What do u say friends ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Cheerup Friends, let have some juicy news.Today times of india has asked , from where do the pani puri vendors get the water they use in the pani poori.The municipality replied , from the water tankers. But the courts say, the water is fro0m the wells, it is not clean, and it is to be used for external purposes like cleaning and gardening.and not to be injested.

So ladies now u know why roadside paani poori is tasty.

Same waqy sugar cane juice is tasty, because it has flies crushed in dozens, the dust of the road sprinkled in it and best of all the ice from the government morgues. See bodies are kept on ice in government hospitals, and when the bodies are disposed the ice that remains in the slab is then sold on the sly, and these sugarcan juice vendors m,ix it in the sugarcane juice, hence the taste is so lovely.

HAHA

i end my blog here, writing after a long time, i hope i write more often, lets see.

Take care.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good post @Kamalji

More than their ungratefulness, its the foolishness of the Central Govt. & the hospital to spend 3 crores on her treatment. Don't we have enough poor people in India who are suffering with chronic diseases not able to spend money for their treatment & waiting for a helping hand?

So those sisters & their relatives took advantage of our govt & the hospital's foolishness.

sindmani, NeetaR and Kamalji like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I read about the surgery as a headline kamalji. Didn't know the whole story.

Now kamalji, I refrain from using ice in India usually. After reading your blog....no way. Now i am terrified and grossed out. :D

sindmani, Umanga and Kamalji like this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Kamalji,
    When I was thinking why Kamalji is not visible in IL you are coming back with a bang like Arnab Goswami.
    We all read about the surgery and the ungrateful behaviour of the patient's sister.
    The other news is like a bombshell and quite shocking.
    Though we don't eat from any road side eateries or drink juices I am worried about those who eat and drink juices or the sugary cool drinks.
    PS

Kamalji likes this.
  5. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

Ingratitude is putting it lightly...after all the money and special treatment given to them,
    really pathetic response from the sisters.

Kamalji likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji are you suggesting that we might have unintentionally become cannibals by drinking sugar cane juice? Something from the corpses might seep into the ice and we will blissfully slurp the juice adding some liquified human part to our diet.

Kamalji likes this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Welcome after a long time. We missed you.
    Read about the obese lady in paper but did not know the details.
    Why would our people pamper those who come from treatment from abroad? Here tge poor or lacking so much of health care!!!!
    The sisters and family members behaved nasty. They went to some other country? Good riddance.
    Now I know the reason why street food, especially pani poor tastes good (l never ate, people told me. I cannot put the whole thing in mouth in one go, especially in front of others). Knowingly , people still eat them!
    Source of ice is always full of doubts.....but never imagined it can be from corpse storage!
    Hope we would see you often here.
    Syamala

Kamalji likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

There is a TV program called Extreme Makeover in the US. Primarily, it is an advertising campaign for various products and services and they select people at random to change their life totally. There are multiple products and services involved and all of them are provided for free to a select individuals from different part of the US. Even though this program is for advertising products and services, those who get those benefits are overwhelmed and cry out of gratitude most of the time. There are negative coverage in the internet about this program as well from time to time. But overall, when someone gives something for free, what is there for anyone to complain about? Either you accept it gracefully or walk away totally.

I already buy water when I visit India and definitely don't take ice. I used to take sugarcane juice when I was in Mumbai but at that time, my immunity worked fine. Having lived here in the US now for 22 years, I can't take that chance now.

Viswa

9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

The discussion of being grateful is been in my thought. This is the period, where I live kids are getting their school report and parents consultation are being conducted. it must be noted that, in this part, primary school kids do not have exams but they are being accessed by their teacher continuously and their report will always be constructing, positive. I got mine from my boys, I acknowledged the report and with gratefulness and profoundly thanked their teachers. Yesterday, I met up with two other mums from my elder son's class. They were pretty upset and told me this report is useless unless they specify which level is my kid is in and so on. An apparently, they have written back their thoughts to the relevant teachers. They have also mentioned that hey wont be their kid's teacher next year so it does not matter how the teacher takes the feedback. I was bowled over to see their angriness and frustrations. They are comparing how they received their reports back home when they are kids. I presume that India and Srilanka has a similar structure. Here, even though I am judging, my point is that am I missing something? Why I didn't feel like that. I felt the need for judging when they are not even thankful for the teachers for all the hard work they have done over this academic year. I know I am wrong but then I am realising every person's expectation is different. May be that person who underwent the treatment and their family is thinking they deserve more than this??????? Is it wrong to be grateful for everything and by doing so will I miss seeking best for my kids? I am puzzled....
    Cheers
    Vani

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear kcb
    Yes we have many poor and deserving.but this act gives the hospital exposure I suppose.any which way all in poor taste

sindmani and kcb like this.