1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How tp press (iron) Menpattu ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by chocyGal, Dec 15, 2011.

1. chocyGal

chocyGal Silver IL'ite

Recently I purchased a menpattu with lot of thread work. The saree is very soft and it is very nice to wear. It gives the grandeur of silk saree and at the same time its very light. Now I am very hestitant to press the saree as it is very soft. Gals, please share your experience in pressing a menpattu.

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi chocugal

turn ur saree on to its back ,on top of it place a good quality newspaper heat ur iron on silk option and and start pressing. see to it that u dont continously press on the same area again and again .

try and tell us the result.

3. chocyGal

chocyGal Silver IL'ite

Thanks navis. At the back side of the sareee, I see lot of thread works and I am scared to flip the saree and press. I like your idea of having something on top of the saree to press. Let me try and let you all know.

4. Padmathai

Padmathai New IL'ite

It is better to flip the saree and press because the embroidery will have a good raised effect. Newspaper or a light cotton cloth on top of the saree before pressing you will get a good effect. If lot of thread work is there in the pallu area or borders, you could stitch a net material on those areas otherwise the thread will get pulled when worn and spoil everything!