1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Visualize Happy Situations

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

They say "Walk by Faith, Not by Sight"

And, "If you believe something you are halfway there"

I've noticed I always imagine conflict, strife, etc.

This makes me very unhappy.

Then I write posts about "Running Interference" here and here

But what if we didn't have to "Run Interference", what if we can simply enjoy situations?

This morning Joel Osteen said pray big prayers. Don't pray to function in your dysfunctional family, but pray for something big, something bold. If God tells you it is your birthday, you are entitled to ask God for anything.

Of course, your dreams and desires must make the world a better place.

Then I started reading "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" where Frank Covey helps his son Sean Covey visualize playing football.

When Sean is tensed about football and Frank asks why, Sean says that he visualized himself tense about football.

Our thoughts are coming attraction of what is to be.

I see it so many time ---- especially with my dad who imagines the worst, it happens, then he says he has all the bad luck.

I believe any of us can break out of our dysfunction.

Few months ago dad went for diagnostics test at a medical center, the staff was incompetent and rude. When they screamed at dad, I screamed back at them, and really insulted, short of calling them bad names.

Afterwards I would imagine this angry scene where I am even more nasty to the staff.

Now I am working to imagine a scene where I diffuse the situation, and outcome is positive.

Ladies, please help me with visualizing positive outcomes to situations.

My mom is leaving for India, I will be with my dad, and we'll be doing shopping, chores, etc together. My dad complains about every single thing.

Beyond "Running Interference", how do I imagine a peaceful, positive outcome. That way, we can be at ease.

Please, let's help each other.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    vaidehi71 likes this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Write about them . Imagine about them .

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Have u read secret ? If not please do so. Iam not non fiction reader but this books has changed my view about non fiction! Must try!

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

Ah yes ....... I've heard ...... shall certainly read this!

5. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

we've to dispel the negativities surrounding us by deliberately turning to the positive side. Think of good things you enjoy- beautiful scenery, jokes, funny situations you or your friends were in , appreciations u've received and the like. Tune to good music you love or involve in ur hobby. Whenever anger or any -ve thoughts emerge, say 'cancel' and immediately replace them with +ve ideas, pictures. Gradually, u'll find yourself becoming +ve in all aspects. When grudging, complaining negavive people r with us too, be blind to their nature. Divert ur attention to what 's positive within you. A very slow, testing process but ultimately you'll see changes in you.
    Above all, constant repetition of Affirmations ( choose one u need) will start working on ur subconscious to bring a good result. Meditation & prayer certainly will help you achieve your target.
    personal experience speaks . Now, i see a lot of positivity within and outside me. Most times, Nagging, complaining people can not pierce the shield of positivity to disturbe me. Patience & perseverence pays.
    Try a bit, Change a lot. good luck!

6. ChennaiExpress

It's something that needs continuous work. I got an app 'Stop Breathe and Think' and when I check in it's mostly with sad or angry feelings.

This is disturbing wake up call.

Even now when I give Toastmaster speech I will make sure I find it humorous rather than sad, intense speeches I have given in past.