1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Teach Dicipline For 4yr Baby Boy

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by SaiNiharika, Feb 1, 2017.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I feel that he needs more attention. More mom time. Try to do work only when he is sleeping or away from you. I feel that he is trying to get your attention. Try to spend time as much as you can with him. First of all make your home kid proof. Remove anything that he can fetch easily. What is his favorite things? What does he wants to do more often? What would you do first when you reach home? Do you have an evening schedule for your son? Are you sure that you are spending enough time with him every evening? You only know that.
    Pl don't scold or punish him very often. He may loose its seriousness. First calm down,lower to his level, face him eye to eye and say calmly you love him, but dont like this behavior, if he continues to do it you will give him time out or take away his favorite(you know what it is ). And do what you said to do if he is not listening. If he is not listening take away his favorite things ( in my kids case , dont allow to watch tv, or play with a specific toy) or give 'time out' if its serious. Stick to it. Dont give up to his crying episodes, Dont mind it if not serious, but keep an eye on him. Explain to him what he did wrong and what he is supposed to do. He is four years old, so he may be able to understand what you are talking. At this age they dont do homework themselves. So you need to sit with him. But be firm on that. I try to make them do their job them selves. If they don't listen, I will say that I will come to their school and tell his teacher. That works most of the time for me.
    I noticed that a schedule help me very well every working day. Like bath time, dinner time, home work time , tv/computer time, sleeping time etc and say that word, so they know what is expected. After all he is a kid, he will play and makes noise, what else is he supposed to do.