1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to take care of clothes with Zardosi embroidery?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by mona.i, Jun 15, 2008.

1. mona.i

mona.i New IL'ite

My wedding dress is the Khada-Dupatta with rich Zardosi embroidery work and I also have a few sarees with lovely Zardosi embroidery works on them. Can you suggest me with some very good tips on how to take care of clothes with Zardosi work? So that the Zardosi thread colour does not fade away? How do I take care of it?

If any one of you know about any tips and ideas or websites with information regading this, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Nicole

Nicole New IL'ite

Hi Mona, these quick tips might be helpful for you too:

Tip # 1: Use such dresses only occassionally
    Tip # 2: Ensure that your dress is dried in shade or under fan each time after using. So that, the sweat doesn't lead to discolouration of your cloth and obviously the lovely work.
    Tip # 3: Consider dry-cleaning only at a good laundry if you need to wash/clean the dress.
    Tip # 4: Folding should be done Inside - Out. That is, the outer side of the dress with all the work s<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">ho</st1:personName>uld go inside while folding. This will avoid hooking up with other dress material and exposure to prevent discolouration.

3. mona.i

mona.i New IL'ite

4. joy123

joy123 New IL'ite

gud tips.
    Thanks Nicole:)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hi.
    good tips that you have given those who are using embroidary saree....
    Thanks ...<!--Session data--><!--Session data-->

6. soap94

soap94 New IL'ite

Wear it only when you need it. Don't wash it and iron often. Talking about ironing, it's better to use steamer for clothes in order to keep it new as long as it's only possible.

7. snehabhatt1100

snehabhatt1100 New IL'ite

Try to wear it occasionally. Do not fold it but if you need to make sure you fold it inside out. Make sure you choose the best laundry service nearby to get it washed completely to maintain the neatness of the fabric. I hope this helps.