1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to tackle the situation

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by SIVAKAMI1973, Oct 5, 2013.

1. SIVAKAMI1973

SIVAKAMI1973 New IL'ite

I AM MOTHER OF A GIRL OF 17 YRS AND A BOY 7YRS. &nbsp;MY HUSBAND IS A DOCTOR. MY KIDS ARE OFTEN FIGHTING AMONG THEM. MY GIRL IS ALWAYS USING HARSH WORDS TOWARDS EVERYONE. I AM KEEP ON TRYING TO MAKE MY DAUGHTER &nbsp;UNDERSTAND THAT USING POLITE WORDS WILL FETCH YOU A LOT. BUT SHE NEVEFR LISTENS TO ME. &nbsp;AS MY HUSBAND IS NOT HAVING ENOUGH TIME TO SPEND WITH THE KIDS HE GETS WHATEVER THEY ASK WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHETHER IT SUITS THEM OR HARMFUL OR UNHYGIENE. &nbsp;MOREOVER WHENEVER I SCOLD THEM HE WILL INTERFERE IN MIDDLE PAMPERING THE KIDS. &nbsp;MY SON IS SAYING MY MOTHER IS A DEVIL. MY FATHER IS AN ANGEL. &nbsp; I DONT KNOW HOW TO TACKLE THIS? KINDLY HELP ME.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

2. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

This is something wrong. Tell your husband not to interfere when you are scolding them.

About handling 17 year old, give her silent treatment whenever she does mistakes. Just dont respond to her.

About handling 7 year old, its tricky, you got to pamper little bit and make them understand what is wrong and what is right.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Well..

first of all, your husband SHOULD NOT interfere when you discipline the kids.u HAVE TO talk to your husband about this and stop spoiling the kids.

Secondly,I think your daughter is suffering from some inferiority/insecurity.
    Trust me,that is the main reason she is venting out her frustrations on u.she is not able to show it to her peers and hence u r the scapegoat.u need to sit her and make her understand.just saying be polite won't work. u have to get to the root of the problem and help her out.

ur son needs to also understand his folly.u and husband should unite in this.He has SOME WANT in his life and hence this frustration.join him in his favorite hobby.be it gym/sports/music anything! he will definitely calm down.Instead of saying no to everything maintain a balance.u need to give in a little bit to him put at the same time have a hold on him.

good luck.