1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Surmount This Problem?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by adisum, Mar 18, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Whatever I gained in my 77 years has been conveyed to you by all the responders.Next year you will have a baby in your arms hugging you and you will be the whole world for him/her.That pleasant experience awaits you. Keep ready to enjoy that movement.
    DIL-MIL conflict is quite common in all the houses and is an outlet of too much possessiveness.Once you get reconciled to certain things, try to be friendly with her.Bhagvan Sathya Sai Baba used to advise many DIL s facing similar problems to pretend to oblige or pretend to be kind to the cruel MIL. We need not mistake that the great Swamiji talked of pretence.He himself has offered explanation for his advice also. Once pretence gets established, it will become a habit and real kindness will set in.
    Haven't you heard the story that a suffering DIL approached a Sadhu and asked him to give a slow poison to her MIL so that MIL would be dead in 6 months and she could be happy.The sadhu obliged,gave some medicine .He advised the DIL to give three spoons of medicine everybody but speak to MIL very kindly while giving the medicine, and after all this may prolong for a few months.DIL was ready to follow as the problem would come to an end within a few months.As days passed, DIL felt a sense of attachment to her MIL who started praising her DIL to every neighbour.Now DIL felt very bad and started getting worried that her MIL would leave her soon.She rushed to the sadhu again and requested him to give an antidote.The sadhu laughed that he never gave a slow poison but gave only a recuperative herb.All ended well.
    Please remember Baba's teachings and those of Sadhu. All will be well soon.

With best wishes and blessings from a septuagenarian grandma.
    Jayasala 42

Mehana, vaasanthy, joylokhi and 4 others like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Op should consider your advise as if it had come from her own (grand) mother. Very pragmatic illustration.
    Regards.
    God bless.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Hope this is not suicide note @adisum sis :sunglasses:

Reading your post, I have the confidence that you will not take any stupid hasty decision. The bubbly positive person in you will not let your positivity die. Our inbuilt traits yaar will not leave us even if we want to :)

Is it?? will our parents be so happy if we depart from them and can we love our parents ever lastingly even after we depart from this world. (no assumptions please) cha :facepalm: if I had known this earlier I had not fought back with my deathbed. :(

So you decide to share this thought to your husband and ask his opinion whether he wants to accompany you :eek: OMG

Frankly sometimes we need to ignore these silly thoughts like passing cloud sis. Worrying & Death is not the solution. If possible ask someone who already took such blind decisions :smiley:

Once I had to talk in favor of euthanasia...I had no choice left other than speaking abt it.

Firstly I asked myself whether I have ever had come across thought of ending life..answer was "yes"
    and what was the situation which made me think like that. I can't blindly speak in front of such big crowd so I had asked the same question to bunch of them. Strangely every one had such silly moments.

Now I would pose the same Q to u as well...before this did u ever come across such thoughts :confundio1: if yes I believe u would have definitely reconsidered abt ur thoughts and put ur best efforts to find solution or maybe the problem would have got fixed automatically over the period of time.

Maybe, if you had not come across such scenes my humble request either think for some solution or just ignore it for sometime. but solution should not be death.
    We are not in the examination hall where we need to complete the paper within 3hrs.

This is life time exams endless problems....endless trials and errors will go on and on just face with the same positivity as u wer before a year ago...I would say this very first statement itself is wrong..that ur no more positive.

Because your positivity & boldness is what made you post your thoughts here.... wish you could have chosen some other pleasant title and tried to ask for some solutions from our profound gurus at IL. Never the less u will find some solution. Its ur life not ur MIL's.

Even if u don't find solution to fix ur MIL...there are lot other solution other than suicide. Mind it!! Don't give heart breaks to ur dear ones.

That's all!!

I certainly don't have any idea to fix the drama of ur MIL....But 100% confident that you will find a way to come out of this trauma.... :sunglasses: Live happily with your beloved ones. Have faith in yourself. Everyone in this universe has some problem we don't have to compare with them but don't forget there is solution for everyone of us.

BTW don't try to think why I connected abt euthanasia and suicide:sunglasses:. hahah!!

Now c'mon cheer up and Keep smiling...

Will pray for u. :beer-toast1: Don't ever let ur positivity and boldness die (oh I yeah I already told this right inbuilt trait will not leave us)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Out of all you chose your MIL to determine whether you should be alive or not ? Even giving space in your head to such fights with MIL is not acceptable for me let alone giving our precious life . C'mon don't let her win this battle . Don't fight against her . You need to fight against your own thoughts. Show yourself that you can win this battle. Be strong ,stronger than the thoughts which are haunting you with such extremes .
    Life is too precious to lose for fights with MIL.
    Already some good suggestions here . Keep reading them again and again and put your thoughts into that.
    And BTW your title made me skip a heartbeat. I was hoping that it would be a fictional story ,a poem or something . Reading it through felt bad that my hopes were crushed and it's a true thing.
    Good luck and come out of these thoughts ASAP.

5. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

OP, you made me worried. Please take a minute and read all the responses. Dont take any decision in haste.

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Talking about suicide is calling aloud for help and you will get plenty of help here. @adisum , here is a wonderful community that feels for you; talk to us, interact with us and let us teach something new to one another, let us form a nice protective support system where all of us can feel safe and vent to find relief. It is normal for everyone to feel frustrated and dejected sometime or the other in life. It -is- normal; nothing to be ashamed of. Check out this link and see if any quote or point strikes a chord with you.

10 Powerful Suicide Prevention Quotes & Sayings - Mental Health Daily

At your age, when life is just starting, dreams and expectations tend to be huge and maybe sometimes a little unrealistic too. Have some patience, zindagi abhi abhi shuru huyi hain, no one can predict what twists and turns it would take. So, focus on developing your core strengths and survival skills.

Now cheer up like a good girl and tell us how you feel now.:thumbup:

7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

You are always there when needed Gurugale…. Rightly said!! I have no second thought. I agree to ever statement of yours. :thumbsup:

8. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

Practical advice that tries to get to the root of the problem which will enable to find a resolution for the long haul.

vaasanthy, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are complicating it. Tell your husband that you are trying but she seems to not respond. Further tell him why force her to respond. Say you will try to talk, especially when husband is around, but don't want to over-try since you want to respect her wishes, and let some things take the time they need. Keep the phrasing such that no blame is put on her, it seems like you want to respect her preferences while also keep trying to talk more normally.

You've said this twice -- torturing mentally. If someone you live with can torture you mentally by not talking to you, and this someone is not your spouse, it needs some analysis.

yellowmango likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I checked up her OP ‘sprofile banner and she was seen last as per web details at 4.23 pm today which means she had seen only the FB of @Purple2017.
    She had not seen posts/FBs posted after 4.23.
    Am anxious - Can some one from @IL_Admin intervene?