1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop snoring?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by blackbeauty84, Nov 23, 2013.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I recently found out that I snore in my sleep :hide:. Feeling way too embarrassed.I checked with my family doctor, who said there is no medicine/treatment to stop it.
    Do anyone know any tips to stop snoring? Is there any medicine for it in alternative medicine(Ayurveda, homeopathy etc)

2. beaux

beaux New IL'ite

Hi,

Snooring become for all now a days, before u get advice, pls try to ans these questins..
    1) Do u eat have habit of doing regular exercise?
    2) Do u have proper weight control for yur age
    3) Do u have tummy or extreme tummy? this is the majorcause for snooring , Snoring happens when you can't move air freely through your nose and mouth during sleep.
    yu can reduce it by doing proper exercise and walking..

4)if yu have nose block because of sinus

Try reading this link How to Stop Snoring: Cures and Remedies for Snoring

Tk Cre.

3. ushalakshmi

ushalakshmi Junior IL'ite

Hi beaux,
    U said that overweight is a main reason for snoring ,but I saw people who's having correct figure,regular exercise also snoring?wat'the reason?

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I am overweight, or that is what that darned machine is saying and i don't have proper eating habits(skip bf, heavy lunch, or skip all, heavy dinner), yet i don't snore.

Just saying.

5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hmmm... I'm pretty much regular with exercising and eat healthy foods. Weight is on the higher side though.
    Based on the link, I snore with my mouth open. Guess I should visit a ENT for analysis.

6. beaux

beaux New IL'ite

Hi Usha,

there are different reasons for snoring, i'll tell u my sister baby he was 1 yr old had pblm of snoring it happens for various reasons which i mentioned, weight, food habits, sinus, breathing pbl, etc.. pls check the link which i shared.

Thanks.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

This is one problem for which 100% cure is not achieved. However, you may try to control it either by changing your lifestyle and givin gyour body adequate sleep and rejuvenation.

Keep telling your mind (which will be registered in your subconscious mind) that you are giving adequate time for rejuvenation to your body and that you will not snore while you sleep.

Check your pillow height. Try to sleep on your sides instead on your back for long time.

There are some nasal strips available in the market now-a-days for controlling snoring but don't know how effective or good they are to use.

check this link for more tips How to Stop Snoring: 8 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

try doing pranayama. Obesity, high stres level, insufficient sleep, potbelly, insufficient body nutrition make you feel exhaust, which also leads to snoring.

8. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Do you have a deviated septum?

9. AndersThomsen

AndersThomsen New IL'ite

There are certain ways to stop snoring. Try Asonor anti snoring solution & within few weeks you will recover from it. Speaking from my personal experience. I hope it helps!!