1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop bad breath?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vani, Jul 24, 2005.

1. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

All,

Does anyone know the root cause of bad breath and the steps we can take to avoid bad breath? I really appreciate your comments in this regard.

Vani.

2. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vani,

I'm not sure whether you go to see this message posted in 'Keeping Fit and Maintaining Shape' section.

The following are believed to be some causes for bad breath:
    - Stink inducing bacteria sticking to tooth surfaces
    - Indigestion and constipation problems can cause bad breath
    - (In kids) Worms in stomach can cause bad breath

3. gulshansherbal

gulshansherbal New IL'ite

bad breadth

eat lots of carrot

4. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Check for decayed tooth...

Hi,

Bad breath can be due to decayed tooth too. Check whether you have one? Also, if food particles gets collected in that area can cause bad breath.

Have fruits like apple, pear and strawberries. Rinse with a good mouthwash frequently. You can also try using dental floss to clean the particles accumulating between the teeth. When you brush your teeth, do clean your tongue too.

5. gulshansherbal

bad breadth

hi rathi,
    i completely aggree with u .
    gulshansherbal

Attached Files:

• neww.jpg
      neww.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  6. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Dental checkup.

Gulshan, is that you in the picture?

Vani, another way to avoid bad breadth is to do regular dental check up of your teeth. When we were in India, we never went to the dentist regularly to clean our teeth. Here, in the US, we go for a regular cleaning every 6 months (insurance pays!). During that cleanup, the dentist removes tartar buildup, which can cause bad breath too..

7. gulshansherbal

thats me

Gulshan, is that you in the picture? yes,thats me.

8. Rita_D5

Rita_D5 New IL'ite

Simple enough to stop bad breath

Hi Vani,

I have just joined Indusladies in August, so I am sure my suggestion would be too late as you must have already tried lots of remedy since then. Anyways, I have peronally tried this and it works fine. I had recently develop a very bad breath inspite having a yearly dental check up (it was so embrassing) and nothing seems to help even after using good mouth wash.

Then on my mom suggeestion I started chewing little of saunf everyday (fennel seeds /anniseeds) , munching it very slowly (its juice helps to keep the bacteria at bay) and beleive me with a week I got a refreshing breath. If you don't like saunf, you can even chew a cardamon seed. And later on maintained the refreshing breath by following some simple rules, to rinse the mouth after every meal . Brushing the teeth every morning /night (the trick is to brush gently in upward /downward motion) and after that brushing the tongue too. The tooth brush has to be changed on regular basis say every 15 days or every month.

Hope my advise can be of some help.

Rita :-o

9. Prema

Prema New IL'ite

Natural Mouth Freshner

Do you all know that apart from Sauf, and Cardmom seeds, Guava is a natural mouth freshner???? Next time anyone sufferring from Badbreath, please have Guava regularly. It really helps.

10. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

It could be a sign of bad health!

I read somewhere that persistent bad breath might also be a symptom of bad health. For example, infection in the lungs can cause bad breath.

If you have bad breath even after trying the above good ideas, you might want to visit the doctor.