1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How To Stitch Churidhar - patiala salwar?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by redha, Nov 4, 2008.

1. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

Re: Need suggestion for Salwar material

hi, why dont you try silk crepe material for salwar, it will give a nice fall and will also look elegant, even the new shimmer material is good and can be dyed to suit the colour.
    as suggested by the other poster.....organdy material is good but then you should hve a good tailor or tailoring skills to stitch it as if not done properly, it will start ripping, and it will require lining in it.

2. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Re: Need suggestion for Salwar material

Thank u Paru and Kainaath :bowdown...will definitely try out the materials suggested...

3. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Anyone heard of USHA sewing/stitching book?

Hi everyone,

Long back,when I was still in school,I had got an Usha sewing book from my sister's friend in which I had seen the draft of Lucknowi style kurta-pyjama.I had even cut and stitched it then.I am now looking for the same book but don't know the publisher's name or where I can get it.can anyone please help me regarding this?atleast if anyone remembers the name of the publishers and their address,I would be grateful.

4. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Re: Anyone heard of USHA sewing/stitching book?

Hi, are you referring to a book in Telugu or was it in English ... if you are at Hyderabad then please visit book
    stalls cum exhibitions (eg. Vishalandhra, Navayuga, Rajyalaxmi ...) so that you can check contents of books

5. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

Re: Anyone heard of USHA sewing/stitching book?

Hi Raagini,thanks for ur response..I am living in hyderabad now,and do make it a point to look for books on stitching,esp the usha one but have been unsuccessful so far.the book was in english.lets hope I get something here when I go out next time.

6. Ronita

Ronita New IL'ite

Re: Need help to sticth a salwar kameez

Hello Bhagkiya, yes its very much difficult to stitch a salwar kameez on your own. There's so much things to do. But I have just found an article How to Stitch a Salwar Kameez, it might help you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  7. firstbhagi

firstbhagi New IL'ite

Re: How to stitch kameez properly?.......A Discussion....

Hi folks, I have been very curious about the nuances of making a perfect pattern for blouse and salwar kameez and perfecting this art so that I could make the garment to suit my taste. No tailor till now has been able to stitch even remotely what I want, hence the need to learn every aspect of tailoring these three garments. I am very glad to have found like minded people who, like me, are discussing this topic on this forum. Hope to share with you my experiences gradually and look forward to interacting with the likes of you and me. Thanks!

8. pravi09

pravi09 New IL'ite

Re: How to stitch kameez properly?.......A Discussion....

hi,i am new to indus ladies,i have studied diploma in fashion designing and so i stitch my kameez by my own ,so accrording to my pattern of kameez you can keep the slit for kameez 20" to 22" from shoulder line or 15" or 16" from armhole line.I hope this measurement will suit. good luck

9. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

plain salwar but with unique pleating at the back of salwar

Hi there

I was wondering if any1 has seen plain salwars with pleating at the back of salwar, it goes all the way from the back leg of both salwar all the way to the crothch area, and on those pleats there are buttons. I had the picture but ive misplaced it somewhere, il tried to get the pic again.

the salwar is of 4 panel, The pleats on the top half the salwar where the belt is attach starts frm the middle of the hip to towards teh front.

10. kajola

kajola Senior IL'ite

Re: plain salwar but with unique pleating at the back of salwar

hello
    i hv stitched my patiala wid buttons on its its back nd its a 3 panel salwar nt 4 panel nd d buttond r tuckd on d seam ( d seam which is stitched at d end after d bottom is made

kajola