1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How To Stitch Churidhar - patiala salwar?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by redha, Nov 4, 2008.

1. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Re: friendship

Hi Komal,
    Welcome to IL. We all are your friends. Any query or any doubt we can chat here with lot of ideas and suggestions. And nice to know you are from Ekm, even my Husband's place is Ekm.:cheers

2. misa

misa New IL'ite

re: How to stitch kameez properly?.......A Discussion....

komalankomal - This forum is mostly to discuss fertility issues and for support when you are trying to get pregnant.
    You might find people with common interested in other forums. Also You will find better response if you post in the appropriate forum.

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Komalankomal,

Welcome! We are all your friends :hiya.

Its just that when you communicate in the appropriate forums, you get to interact with members sharing similar interest.
    Go through the forums discussions and participate in those that you like. you can find members sharing and discussing all about sewing in Sewing / Tailoring / Stitching subforum.

Also visit the "new member guide" link below my signature here..to get familiar with the ways in the site.
    Looking forward to reading your posts :)
    Bye

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

How to stitch kameez properly?.......A Discussion....

hi there every1

I made my first kameez 2dy.......... the problem was the bottom of the kameez its not straight.........on teh front side one section is slanted and the other section is is higher up ........also teh back botton side is not level with teh front side............. are there ne tips or trick to ensure that both bottom side are equal length and both bottom sides match or that one section is not slanted then the other section..........

thanks in advance

5. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hello Madam,
    Do not worry.It happens in the beginning. Try these things and see .Always prepare a paper draft and cut the material..Do not put the draft on the material directly.Do not pull the material while stitching.If you are a beginner it id better to put running stitch first and then machine stitch .It takes time but result will be good!

6. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

thanks for replying so quick

I am a beginnger and u u have been most helpful in ansing my questions........just few more questions.........what is a running stitch??.....so i cut a paper draft if i dont put the draft on teh material to cut it how else wld i cut it?? i hope u clear can the confuse in my mind

thanks

7. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Running stitch is a very simple stitch done by hand.To work this stitch simply pass the needle over and under the fabric.

I thinK you did not understand what meant.Experienced tailors draw the draft of the dress on the fabric directly and cut.By preparing paper draft and keeping it on the fabric and then cutting is a safe method for a beginner.If there is any alteration to be made we can do the corrections in the draft for the next stitching. .
    If you have used paper draft for cutting check your draft and see whether the sides are equal or not.If they are equal you would have pulled the fabric while stitching.Running stitch is this..................

Attached Files:

8. komalankomal

komalankomal New IL'ite

thank you very much for considering me as your friend. it is nice to hear that your husband is from ekm please let me know where is your place in kerala. i dont know more rules and regulations of IL. because iam very lazy and iam getting bored to read all the lengthy notes. bye

9. bhagkiyalakshmi

bhagkiyalakshmi New IL'ite

Need help to sticth a salwar kameez

Hi ladies,
    Im very new to stitching, but wanted to learn it somehow. I was waiting to get a chance do learn for a very long time. Now that im working its very difficult for me to go out for classes on stitching. But wow, i got a chance right now through you guys.
    Since im new to stitching, you will know that all that you speak about stitching will be latin and greek for me to understand. :spin
    So hopefully im searching for a detailed presentation on how to stitch a "Salwar Kameez". An elobrate presentation with measurements for tops and bottom with diagrams illustrating each step. This would be of great help for me.
    Guys i went through many of the mails on stitching a salwar, but many of the mails were in bits and pices and i found it difficult to follow them also.
    So i think a detailed description will propably help me out with this.

:thankyou2:

Regards
    Bhagkiya

10. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Need help to sticth a salwar kameez

Hi Bhakiyalakshmi,
    Recently I have posted in my blog Vani's blog 1 the method of making paper draft of simple kameez.I have not yet posted the method of stitching.Have a look at it .I hope it will be useful to you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010