1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Stay In A Home Where No One Likes You

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sani12, Jul 26, 2018.

1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Like everyone here has written ignore your in laws and most homes are like this only. Yes no one tells you all this before marriage. The initial days of Indian marriages are shocking for the girl.
    Your husband is the real problem here. He needs to grow up. Is it possible for both of you to move out to some other city so that your husband becomes more independent. If that is not an option consider separation. Trust me better now than later. Things may not improve much later also. Don't spend the prime years of your life hoping that something will change.

2. Vaidekikrishnan

Vaidekikrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all be relaxed for time being. As all of them said its the turning point in our life especially arranged marriage. We cannot expect anything from anyone. The psychology of in laws is kind of different. From their point of view they have the insecurity of missing their son especially if he is their only son. So they will do whatever they feel like to show that they are the ones who really cares/love their son.
    Second thing talking about the sacrifices of MIL this is also a kind of assurance that we build a position of goddess for them in our mindset and if we fall for it we will become their puppet and will follow whatever they say.
    So my suggestion would be please ignore their flaws like being over protective, possessive etcconsidering their age. Do your duties as a youngster towards old-age people. If you take things too personally then it will affect. But look at them as 2 old-age people and generalize them when it comes to those small things whichu don't like in them.
    Offer to cook on weekends.. if she says you don't cook properly instead of walking away ask her to teach you. Kitchen/food is considered to be the trump card to impress husband by olden days MIL. So they will never allow you to win that easily. I guess the reason may be your in laws don't prefer you working and they are indirectly trying to make you quit the job. Sorry if I am wrong. Bcz in laws don't order but they will see to that their things are done indirectly.
    Blaming our family is the major tactis of every in laws so better don't give ears for that. My dad used to say when someone blames you unnecessarily and there is no option of stopping it then just imagine "nothing will happen when a dog barks at Sun".
    For god's sake please don't quit your career at any point..
    Spend time with DH. He might be a techie who loves gadgets more than human. He could be a person who is not much interested in commitments. To solve your issues you both need to talk in open mind. For that he have to listen to you first. It's a bit time taking process. Start with random talks about his interest and involve him in general conversation and distract him from his own techie world.
    A bit of drama is fine to an extend. Don't try to go out alone drag you DH with you even if he don't talk to you outdoor but make sure you spend time together on weekends.
    We may have to put our ego to a lower scale and fix desired expressions.... But don't leave your self respect. When mutual understanding develops physical intimacy will also be developed I guess..

Be bold, confident and happy.. love your life love yourself. Carry yourself well always. I know it hurts but the truth is even love marriages will have problems but in different way. So it's in our hands to handle it.
    If I have said something inappropriate pardon me.
    Regards,
    Vaideki Krishnan

Lalithambigai likes this.