How to start a Boutique!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by VrittiK, Aug 6, 2012.

1. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to start a boutique of Kurtis and Dress Materials..

Can anyone help me with the basic investment that needs to be made and any other requirement that needs to be pre-planned...

To start with , I am planning to open the same at my home...if things go well...will plan for a separate shop.

I am also planning to ask some of the wholesale dealers and individuals for a partnership ...Just a suggestion on what I am thinking is right or wrong or if there is any substitute option for the same.

Thanks!

2. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Few steps to get you started:

Step 1
    First of all, decide on what type of boutique you want to open. From accessories to vacation wear, sportswear to formal or casual clothing to consignment clothing there is a wide variety of things you can sell. You can also sell specialty clothing such as evening gowns or maternity wear. It is important to decide what kind of clothing items you want to sell as it will become your signature and you will be known by the type of clothing you sell.
    Step 2
    When starting a business especially one such as a boutique, it is necessary to get a business licenses. Check out with your local city or county department and ask them about any other requirements for opening a business. You will need to pick up a business name and complete all the necessary paperwork such as opening and account and getting a tax number before you can start.
    Step 3
    You will need to find a nice place to open your boutique. You will need a storefront that has good street visibility and easy access so that customers can find and reach you easily or see the clothes in the window when passing by. A boutique doesn’t need to have very big space and it can have any arrangement or setting you want.
    However, having a good location is very important for a good business. Find a space that is attractive, located in a clean and respectable area and caters to the type of people who are likely to buy from you.
    Step 4
    Find suppliers who will supply you with the clothing you need for your boutique.Go to trade shows and join organizations to get a list of suppliers who will provide you with the kind of products you want to sell in your shop.
    You can also contact suppliers who can make clothes according to the designs or styles you give them. While it might be an expensive and lengthy process, it will ensure that you sell clothes that are exclusively your designs and customers will be getting designed clothing.
    All these steps are very important and play a very crucial role in starting your boutique business. Running a boutique is fun and exciting if you enjoy your work, love fashion and advising others on what to buy that will suit them. With a good clothing line, excelling customer service and communication skills and good location, you can start a boutique business very successfully.

All the best!

2 people like this.
  3. Ayesha22

Ayesha22 New IL'ite

HI, am new to IL. Saw ur post recently. Hope u r doing great :). Have u set up ur boutique?
    I am also interested in setting up a boutique of salwar unstitched suits. I was also planning to begin boutique at home. But unfortunately I was not able to start it.

1 person likes this.
  4. khushi150khanna

khushi150khanna New IL'ite

Hello Dear,

My freind"s mom is also have a boutique of Kurtis and Dress Materials.
    According to me first of all chose a good loacation.

5. mridulapoddar

mridulapoddar New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Mridula Poddar from Kolkata and running a boutique here. Apart from designer ethnic wear I specialize in Trasfer Work. i.e. I can re-do old work into a new fabric and give a old saree or lehenga a new look. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and now keen to provide my franchise to other cities where you can take orders and I can execute the work. If any one of you is interested to work with me in these line then please pm me

6. Purvak

Purvak New IL'ite

Hi All,

I m new on this forum..I m also interested in opening a small boutique from home with a facilities which we are getting from proper set up boutiqye..but as basic start up i started with tailoring section and designing lehagas and baby frocks etc...but want some more details regarding how i can organise it so customer can attracted towards it.What other thing i can provide in my boutique and how.Pls can anyone will guide me to proceed further? Thanking you

1 person likes this.
  7. zeminayoosaf

zeminayoosaf New IL'ite

are u malayali? im from trissur district. i also wish to start garment business at home.. but starting problem.. plzz snd me private msg and add me as ur friend

8. Purvak

Purvak New IL'ite

Hi... No i m nt malayali.. I m leaving in pune but proper goan..what kind of help u need from me..i will defenately try as i m also a new learner so may be we can both help each other,

9. Sree1325

Sree1325 New IL'ite

Haii,

I am planning to start a boutique in chennai..Can anybody guide me in finding good suppliers???

10. amitachowdhary

amitachowdhary New IL'ite

Hello Ma'am, I am thinking to start up my boutique and since I am new to this line, I was wondering if I could look up to your franchise option. I live in East Delhi. So, if you can further give me any details regarding work.