How to send a TV to India?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by puspita, Jan 2, 2012.

1. siri777

siri777 Bronze IL'ite

hi pushpita,

32'' inches tv u can take as luggage. ysterday only my friend taken 42'' inches tv to hyderabad. she said here in dubai airport they taken asa a luggage but in hyd airport they charged customs rs.2000 only. i think this information will help u.

2. pretty84

pretty84 New IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,

To carry 32 inches TV of select models as on date no duty will be imposed at the port of disembarkation in India. However for latest models LEDs as Siri said a slight duty will be collected and you will be asked to remit this cash as the Airport extension bank counter. No money need to be paid in cash.

As you said exactly I too know the location of ST Cargo office in Abudhabi, it was in between Hamdan and Electra Streets, but if you call their Abdudhabi office can't they tell you their Dubai contact numbers.

While carrying TV as a luggage along with the passenger, the Airlines will get your signature declaring that any damage happening to the TV during transit is at the passengers' risk and Airlines responsibility is "NIL".

So keep the TV in original thermocol packing to avoid transit damages.

While sending the TV through Cargo either thro' ST or some other freight forwarders, they themself will suggest you how to pack the TV for its safe transportation. And few agencies will do it at extracost. They have a standard packing procedure with foru wooden frames ... something like that.

I too have a plan to take 52 inches, but I am awaiting clearance from one of my friends working in customs in India. That is to minimize duty otherwise the very purpose of purchacing TV in ME and the risk & pain in transporting will be defeated.

Regards,

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

hi siri,can you just confirm again if the customs was just 2000rs only for the LED..i am planning to take one 42" for my cousin in this DSF and am worried if there will be more customs..i would be travelling to hyd only..

4. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Siri

Thanks for ur reply....ya I got a pretty good info...from this we can guess the custom charge for 52 inch also!!

5. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Pretty

I will call the ST cargo office...yes they can tell the Dubai number...

For the new TV, I think it can be taken like that (with the original packing)..but for the used one.. yes we have to do proper packing...

Ya if some known person is there in Custom then its a great help...we dont have anybody like this...just wanted to know if anyone can tell the exact custom charge for a 52 inch then we can estimate the budget accordingly...:)

6. sushmavja

puspitha,
    have you been able to send the 42" led..do share your experience

7. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

No Sushma..Not yet...
    Will send it by Feb as the occasion is on Feb:)

8. sushmavja

puspitha....hv u been able to send the tv?

9. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Sushma

Sorry for the late reply. We sent a 46 inch LED to India, but not through any cargo services. We were looking for different options, in the mean time one friend made a sudden plan to visit India. He is from Hyderabad. So he took our TV with him, he gave 10,000rs for custom clearance at the airport. As my home town is in other state, that friend had to send the TV by road transport to my in laws house. His family have transport business, so that was free for us:)

10. sushmavja

thank u puspita,
    even if we pay 10000 it is a better bargain than buying in India right? btw which one did u take n how muh was that?did u buy in DSF or later?