How to send a TV to India?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by puspita, Jan 2, 2012.

1. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends

My FIL and MIL's marriage anniversary is coming...its on Feb...:thumbsup

I have planned to send a LED TV for them to India...but not told to Hubby till now..he will be happy and surprised when I will make all the arrangements myself...:)

I want some information about the formalities and all to send a TV to India...I searched in net but could not get any satisfactory information..

If anybody knows...pls pls give me the contact number/name of the particular cargo service...I really dont have much idea about all these...

Waiting for the replies...

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Why not check out with Emirates or Eithad airlines?One of my friends sent it through them.

1 person likes this.
  3. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hey Kanaka...Thanks...will check as per your suggestion..

4. meghanakulkarni

meghanakulkarni New IL'ite

If you go speak to the dealers, They will arrange it. My neighbor who is keralite told me this. He had to send a TV home, he spoke to the concerned dealer and paid the amount , the TV was delivered back home in India from an Indian agent, whereas the price was UAE price.

1 person likes this.
  5. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Thanks Meghana....this is what I wanted to know..whether the dealers can arrange it or not...
    Good Idea!!

6. pretty84

pretty84 New IL'ite

You can carry on hand if you travel, but the maximum size I believe, it shall not exceed 32 inches.

Since you are in UAE, ST Cargo are doing this service at a cost of 12 Dhirhams per Kilogram of weight of the parcel. Here also up to 32 inches for selected models, no duty will be imposed.

Including certain latest models, in 32 inches and of any higher size attracts duty which ST cargo will tell you. They will pick up luggage at your door in UAE and send them to the door number you tell in India.

There are other similar freight forwarders too in UAE, you can check them for a comparative pricing.

I am envying on your FIL and MIL to have such a faithful and lovable DIL,

Best wishes,

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  7. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Thanks Meghna , this is a pretty good information..

8. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Pretty
    I've to send home 52" .. Would do me good if you could share the details of ST cargo and other reliable freight forwarders if you know or have tried them yourself ..
    Thanks

9. pretty84

pretty84 New IL'ite

As Megna told I tried several times to pay here in ME and delivery at India, including same type furnitures after I have seen at Home Centres in India and at Duba/Muscat, but the Home centres in Middle East told me that two Home Centres are seperate profit entities and they cannot exchange goods like this, that is payment here and delivery at Inida was not feasible of compliance. I tried even for Raha matresses, that was also not done, despite same manufacturer. As a result I booked a cargo 20 feet container and took delivery at India Port through an clearing agent. However I am not aware of who was the agency Megna referrred who collects money in Middle East and deliver goods in India. If it is revealed it would be of much use.

Coming to answering to your question ST cargo have a website you can take required details thorugh google serach.. However duty on 52 inches TVwill be exhorbitant. If you know some one in customs or in IAAI you can take it with minimal duty. I suppose, you have to be there at the port of destination and clearing agent desk and present yourself before the customs authority at the time of clearing the good.

Best of luck,

10. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Pretty

Thanks for ur wishes!!

No Pretty, we are not going now...so cant take it...and I have to send it by Feb...
    I searched ST cargo, got Abudhabi numbers and Chennai, New delhi numbers...Didnt get any Dubai office contact number....

I have the plan for a 52 inch, because they already have one 32 inch,which is kept in the living room... so I thought to send a 52 inch for the bedroom, actually my FIL is very very interested for different models of TV..so he will definitely become happy....

And another query...I have a 32 inch here, we want to take it with us to India when we will go there...so can it be taken with us just as a luggage or we have to contact the cargo??