How To Remember God When You Forget God

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ChennaiExpress, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

When life really piles up on you, how to remember God? There are times I feel so overwhelmed at what must be done right now, I cannot find the strength to pray and really talk to God.

Sure we can chant mantras and listen to Kirtans, but are we having a heart-to-heart with God.

How to get out of this rut? In other words, how to have a heart-to-heart with God?

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I found it tough. Its not always easy. One has to be calm and patient to talk to god. We do not get an immediate answer. The answer is in our thoughts. Sometimes a positive thought can come and we can feel that he gave the answer and feel relaxed but when no positive thought come to our mind we can lose our self control and can get irritated.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

Yeah, that is how I feel.

When things are not gelling together, I seem to loose my compass.

At this point I'm listening to Kirtans from Golden Temple whenever possible. Just to bring back calmness.

4. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

Whenever I have found myself in this situation...I get back to the past....start being thankful for
    the smallest blessing that I have received in life, the better times....after a while the gloom seems
    to lift up, and in this lighter state of mind....either a positive thought comes up...or sense of
    direction...This has often helped me.

Amica and ChennaiExpress like this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

I will try this.

Hope to remember this.

In morning when I feel gloomy about life, and what should have happened, I remind myself "grass is greener on other side"

Really, life feels like a test I didn't study for. Only after something happens, then I get 100% clarity.

NeetaR likes this.
  6. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

always remember God and pray to him without asking anything; everthing will fall into place gradually

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Practising your mind is very important. start with nama chanting. When you are free, chant nama in your mind... slowly make your mind think of nama whenever you are free, then start when you are doing your work, then start thinking of the god's figure and your are offering flower to that god on every name... this way your mind will be trained to remember the nama, then the god's appearance, so on..... this way you will feel the connect.... this is an experience.. it cannot be taught. This is where a guru helps.... guru shows a path.. so It should be felt and then experienced.

luckysangeetha likes this.
  8. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

when life piles up it is time to leave things to declutter or change according to the will of GOD. Everytime a problem arises we as humans try to resist and change it by overthinking or try to escape.So a lot of faith is needed to accept that Will of god is only real and i am submissve to it my lord please so guide me how to move further and also accept its our karma we are in this situation and move then ask for the strength to overcome.It will show as signs or thoughts or a suggestion from friend.last but not the least patience is the key.The universe answers according to its pattern not to your way:)

9. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Whenever something upset me all I want is to share it with someone I can trust. Blabber all the concerns, tensions and stress. I started writing letters to god in my diary app. I vent everything. Just like talking to a friend. After that I feel more relaxed and get more clarity.

I have noticed some weeks I will write lengthy letters other days it will be just a “thank you god for such a wonderful day note” but I feel it worth it.

You are really kind, caring and creative person. Remember-" Be patient, God knows what he's doing".

10. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Just try reading the book Leelaamruth of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. HE lived almost his entire life, conversing with God...in a heart to heart fashion..