1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reduce LDL and Total cholesterol Naturally

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by nityak, Sep 29, 2015.

1. nityak

nityak Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    My husband got chest pain we visited doctor ,he made few tests that time having LDL and total cholesterol more , Im so tensed. Range is 135 :-( doctor asked us to come after 10 days
    And jog for 30 mins adn avoid ghee,butter,sweets
    we can use normal oil ?
    we are vegetarians,Please suggest us to reduce it Naturally home remedies.

2. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

I have same problem - LDL is high + HDL is low. As per the doctor only 30 percent can be controlled by diet, 70 percent is due to genes.

I will be following this thread to see if I can also benefit from inputs of other IL members.

3. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

To increase ur good cholestrol take walnuts, avocado. instead of cashews or coconut u can use walnuts for gravy, chutneys etc. after 1 yr i saw good diff in my good cholestrol.

for bad cholestrol more exercise and less fatty food, deep fried foods and junk foods. eat more salad and fruits.
    we cut down completely on fried foods but we do take little ghee few times a week.
    no baked foods, cream, ice cream etc.
    hereditary plays a part too but we can do some modifications to our diet.
    try taking oats everyday as it helps to reduce cholestrol.

4. lifeinstyle

lifeinstyle New IL'ite

Do some light exercise regularly and reduce your oil content. Eat dry fruits, vegetables.

With today's food habits, its not easy to get the right amount of necessary minerals, vitamins. The little amount we get is further depleted with use of chemicals/fertilizers.

Suggest you take Omega-3 supplement. You would greatly benefit from this. I can help you choose a correct product. My known ones have greatly benefited from it.