1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To React To This?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Kukudukuu, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I fail to understand why an educated independent adult cannot have their own bank locker, how difficult is it to get one ? As a lesson never offer your locker to anyone , claim there is no space .It was her and your responsibility to take pics or document her jewellery that was put in. How are you going to prove that her bangles were not left behind ?
    Is it possible MIL told her about the envelope and she is getting back at you by accusing you of having her bangles ? Let your DH handle this and next time don't be a pawn at the hands of your MIL. I think she is responsible for this mess with your CS as well.

Sunburst likes this.
  2. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

@Sandycandy some women are really not interested in finance things,,,, i can tell you from my experience , i never looked for savings ,,investment any bank and money thing. But now i am getting the importance to really handle your own financial belongings.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. vanithaudt

vanithaudt Silver IL'ite

You got to tell this to your mother in law. As most of mil would remember dil s jewellery. She may point that I saw you wearing it the other day. You also call and inform bil that she did not leave it and took all of it from you. People are not fools they would know her. If something is gone missing we got to tell our in laws and family right. It's our normal custom. Tell people about it. Don't be afraid.

Kukudukuu likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

True , but it's never late to start thinking isn't it ? Glad you understand the importance, posts here are really eye opening .

Kukudukuu and Sunburst like this.
  5. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

No.. she doesn't have pictures.. what she has is completely different from mine.

6. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

You don't have to be interested in finances . You just have to be aware of your finances .

Kukudukuu likes this.
  7. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

This is a very important lesson I have learnt.. never to help such people!
    MIL has been using the divide and rule policy. She wants everything to happen as she wants. She has always wanted to create a rift between us from the beginning. CS isn't very holy either.. MIL is the one making an issue out of the envelope. And to divert this attention, CS is cooking up a new story..
    No I'm really confused as to how to handle the bangle stuff..

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Nobody knows her real face! That's the whole thing.. she talks to everyone as if she has know them better than their parents and cannot survive without them.. it is so naturally colourful talking, which requires some talent.. I'm in awe of her for that.. I cannot simply praise someone even if it some $***ty thing they have done..

9. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

OP
    About the bangles - you can't do much about it. You done good by telling your husband . Next time she brings it up , just say that as far as you know , she has taken all her stuff last year.Clearly say that she should have told you about the bangles that time itself. It's not your responsibility now.Be polite but firm on this.Tell her that she is more than welcome to check the locker with you there next time they are visiting India.And if she tries to create a mess by involving your MIL etc, repeat this exact thing- she should have mentioned the bangles last year itself. Not your responsibility anymore since she told you she has taken everything.Dont feel guilty or stressed out. Also, do go and check the locker by yourself once more.

Dishaa and Kukudukuu like this.
  10. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

From my point of view just stay firm on your statement that you handed over all her jewels to her last yr itself. No need of carrying her to show locker or your belongings and prove any thing as if she can lie here then it would not be a big thing for her to say that you kept it elsewhere/ hid it.
    you can tell her and others that when she took all her jewels you confirmed that nothing is remaining and she agreed to it.
    Don't forget to mention that you had done a favor to her so instead of being thankful she is putting false allegations on you. so thankless.

Kukudukuu likes this.