How To Re Heat More Chapatis At A Time?birthday Party Ideas

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Slim55, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

Hi everybody .
    For my daughter birthday my menu is(for 14 elders and 6 kids)
    roti 50
    aloo matar curry.
    veg biryani( 2kg)
    curd rice 1kg
    ice cream.

I want to prepare 50 rotis for my daughter birthday .I can prepare 4 hours before party.I want to re heat them in foil pan 5 minutes before eating.is it correct way?
    and one more question 7.5 liter pressure cooker how many kg biryani can I cook( please give me idea about vegetables and rice portions).
    I want re curd rice with pomegranate seeds . I want to prepare this rice in morning and keep it fridge.is it okay or any change in rice?

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, You can reheat chapatis in microwave and cover it with wet paper towel to keep it fresh.

I think you might need little more quantity of Veg biryani. Try making something heavy like Bisi Bele bath.

If you are making curd rice , dont make rice and keep it in fridge so early. Rice doesn't need to be kept in fridge.Make rice in the afternoon and put a little more water while making.Rice will be softer and mash it before mixing with curds. My mom adds pomegrantate seeds, salt, sugar everything beforehand except curds. Just 1/2 hr before add curds and it will be yummy.Happy birthday to your daughter.Good Luck.

3. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

thank you very much

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I reheat rotis in microwave in a moist cloth napkin.

5. ravioli1970

ravioli1970 Bronze IL'ite

hi i don't use microwave as they become very rubbery. i take 10 roti at a time wrap in foil, heat oven at 350 and put all my food in after cooking and once its heated put oven on warm and leave all food in there until ready to be served. it saves me a lot of time and nuisance of heating food later.

coolgal123 and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. Slim55

Slim55 Senior IL'ite

hi ravioli1970,
    thank you very much for your reply.I purchased foil pans .is it okay to put them in oven directly on heat 350.I am new to oven and microwave cooking.We are having stove oven.I want to put foil pans covering with foil paper and want to cook for 5 minitues on heat 350 .Is it correct.

7. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Make your rotis the day before. When cool, freeze them.
    Next day1 hour before eating/party, put them in stainless steel vessels, cover and steam in cooker for 8 minutes. Remove & store in hot cases/casseroles wrapped in soft cloth. Don't put too much water at the bottom of the pressure cooker.

Experiment with 4/6 before doing it on a huge scale. They will be very soft.
    For a party, microwave seems best. Loads of things will be happening.

8. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

I reheat in idli pot or steamer . I keep the top plate, spread the cloth, sprinkle water and place roti s n steam it for 7 to 8 minutes. They come super soft

KashmirFlower and songbird46 like this.
  9. ravioli1970

ravioli1970 Bronze IL'ite

hi pans i use only for dal subzi. i take 10 roti or nan put them in foil and fold and seal like a packet heat oven at 350 degrees and put my few packets on top rack other food on top and bottom rack. once my oven heats at 350 i change temp to warm and leave the food in there until the evening when guests arrive and its ready to go. no reheating and all that.
    sure u can use foil pans stack roti in it seal with foil on top and leave in there. make sure cover is closed tight otherwise it will dry out

Slim55 and KashmirFlower like this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear @ravioli1970

You can reheat the rotis in batches by rapping in a soft cloth in Microwave.

Also add Pomegranate seeds in Curd rice just before serving the curd rice.