1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to put my point across convincingly...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by delightedmom, Jan 10, 2012.

1. delightedmom

delightedmom New IL'ite

hi everyone, this is the first time im writing here...
    i have a small issue and want ur advice..
    i have a loving hubby and wonderful inlaws, touch wood..
    my hubby is very instinctive wen taking decisions regarding family me included. we stay away from inlaws, he wishes to visit them and does so often with me also ofcourse.. i ve tried telling him to plan beforehand according to leave and money resources.. he says yes and repeats the same later..
    i ve managed to tell him this without making him think that i dont want him visiting his parents.. well thats not the case..
    we stay in a metro and inlaws in our home town its a 16 hour journey and atleast2000 rs per person fare. we are not in good financial situation now.. how to go about this..
    in a way im trying to wait out the period til our daughter starts school, then maybe he will not be able to travel like this without any proper planning ..

also i love my inlaws and enjoy their company.. my issue is just finance for now.. we are really tight.. once in three four months trip is fine.. but every month .. i dont know whether my point of view is right or wrong??

2. SocalMommy

SocalMommy Senior IL'ite

Hello DelightedMom,
    Discussing financial issues is always tricky in a marital relationship especially when the funds are limited. Whenever your DH is in a good mood, try sharing your views with him on the frequent unplanned vacations. Maybe setting aside a "vacation fund", talking to your in-laws about your cost of living, while hinting at your vacation expenses, investing in buying gold for your daughter etc. might be some ideas that you can work on. Whatever you do and however you put your point across, be open and honest about it all. Even if your Husband continues to plan vacations, at least he will know how you feel about it. Good luck.
    Regards,
    Hajira

3. delightedmom

delightedmom New IL'ite

thanks a ton hajira... i ve let him know how i feel about it..inlaws know our situation but they are just glad to see us.. so i guess i have to patient for now.. wen in good mood we do plan certain things for baby for me etc.. but maybe my hubby misses his parents, so eventually we do take the trip, i keep quite so as not to spoil his mood or mine or my inlaws..
    wat to do? i think its best that he outgrows it wat do u say?