How to prevent remarriage of a domestic violence prone man?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by NainikaSomaiya, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, if there is physical abuse - a legal complaint is well justified.

This is a crazy idea. Pls. dont do it - whats with "going to office and telling colleagues and boss" abt personal family life. Thats really contorted. Even previously I have read comments like "DH watches ****" - lets go and tell the office people :bonk. There is a clear demarcation between office life and personal life.

If there is abuse go to law enforcement.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Your friends divorce has already taken place in 2008 , let go. Why bother what he is up to ?
    If the same thing was done by ex -hubby then it would be called harassment.
    Leave him to his karma.
    She should make her own life unless she stops following his activities she will not be able to move on.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

I'd love to do that for my ex; It's not only me, any lady out of an abusive relationship would feel the same way, but what is the use? Nothing! Only time and if God exists, it must teach them hard lessons and make them repent. We come out of nasty relationships not withstanding the abuse. When you are out of it, why would some invite more trouble by bad mouthing about evil. It is better to stay away isn't it.

4. simrannkaur

simrannkaur New IL'ite

Hi Nainika,
    The onus is on the girl and her parents to do a thorough check when they are getting their daughters married to a divorcee/widower.

Well in my case i was married to a divorcee. My parents did a thorough check everyone gave good reports except for the one. but since majority of votes were good v thought that the one who is saying the truth maybe is jealous of this relation.

I was married and then realised that all were wrong except the one whom v didnt listen. I wish if v had that view of one person my life would have been a lot easier now.

Now i am divorced after struggling with him for 8 long years.

At the end of the day what I believe is the fate. If this abuser was in my fate no one can prevent it from happening. We all have our share of sorrows and happiness. We cant escape from it.

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

In most of the divorce cases no one listens to the views of the ex -wife as she is supposed to be bitter and revengeful. So what is the need to get into the mess again.
    Parents of girls land up at the doors of men who have driven their wife to suicide saying that she was mad and mentally unstable. Parents and girl believe them and walk into the trap.
    The ease with which fresh proposals are made to such characters is seen to be believed .