How To Prepare For Fet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ILUser07, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

While I am still confused over having IVF to have second child, can you guys provide tips to prepare myself physically for the process and having a successful frozen embryo transfer.
    I'm in US and I had first baby through IVF. Had C section. Had tough time with inlaws during post partum(stayed for 1 yr). Suffered from poor memory, joint aches, arthritis, abdominal pain due to weak muscles, depression which is not addressed. I felt really low with poor self esteem. After a year, went to India where I got time to rebuild my confidence, used some medication for the other issues. i will say I had very difficult post partum recovery which took me almost 1.5yrs.
    I just started leading a normal life. My son is 2.2 yrs and I am in mid 30s which is why I feel the rush from my family what it will be hard if i delay which I too agree. But I am nervous to go back and go through all of it again.
    With all the previous experience, I am pushing my husband that I want to have my second kid in India. Being C section, I don't see a reason why I should stay here and request for help(For first baby I thought I will have normal if I have in US. I know I am dumb). My mom says, it will be easy for her to take care in India as they can hire domestic help. I know I am thinking too much as there are so many things with IVF. But if everything goes well, I want to go to India, have a baby and come back once the baby is 1.5yrs or so.
    Is my thinking right? My husband says I will be depriving the baby of the benefits of being a US citizen. I don't see it as a big deal as lot might change by the time they grow up. My DH might need to stay alone for a while. But I feel its ok if I weigh pros and cons.

2. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi, no one can tell you exact items; but can suggest you on various items in being fit. Physically fit doesn't just include body fitness but mind also plays a key role in this. One of my friend also had unsuccessful attempts in IVF, so I know a bit on how much preparation is required on going for it. Have heard side effects are too many, good to hear you are out of all that in 1.5 yrs. Don't ever see the complications we're only because of inlaws, though definetely it adds to overall depression. Positive thinking and self motivation is all I would suggest. Eat everything , a healthy balanced diet ; but never skip your exercise. Include every day exercise in ur life style, atleast warm up or brisk walk is must to control your body and mind. As part of healthy diet just reduce sugars and carbos which will help you at every point of time. Good decision on going for 2nd child now. Most IVF cases end in c-sec to avoid risks. So it's ur decision on whether u going to India or not. What ur mom said is true, if she cannot come to US. Definetely, you'll see changes in your glucose, thyroid and other levels when you go to India, it's easy to maintain there. Am from Aus and I opted to be in India for pregnancy and delivery. Irrespective of benefits for child and other privileges, I chose to deliver in India. My mom said the same as your mom, so I delivered in India. It's all about healthy baby and mom, so decide on this front and don't regret on any items. Your body tells you everything, so follow it to achieve what you want. Good luck.

3. redbud

redbud New IL'ite

Hi ILUSer07,

I’m exactly in the same situation as you are in but for my first child.Got conceived
    through IVF and in my 4th month now.planning to travel to India by 6th month so that I will get good support from parents and will have a peaceful journey.But still I’m afraid about long travel due to IVF pregnancy as this might cause any issues. I’m still praying everything should go fine.

For you, I think this is the right time for your second child as your first one is now 2 yrs old.Also if ur not concerned about the citizenship of ur child and if ur health cooperates I think you will be relaxed and peaceful if you travel to India and stay with your parents.
    You can even return back when your child is around 6 to 8 months old rather than staying for 1.5 years which is again a long break as for me.