How to make soft chapathi

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by srims, Mar 29, 2011.

1. keerthirani

keerthirani Senior IL'ite

Dear Srims,
    The procedure I follow for making soft chapathis is
    1. I will take enough amount of Atta..( For 2 persons) I prefer Ashirvad or pillsburry....
    2. I will add 2 small spoons of Oil
    3. Just 3-4 spoons of milk ( Milk really makes Chapathis very smoother, you can add how much ever you can )
    4. 2 small spoons of curd
    5. Required amount of salt
    6. If chapathis still need some more consistency,I will add hot water.
    and blend all these very very carefully and make sure that the dough is equally uniform with out any lumps....
    now keep that dough for 30 min - 1 hour
    and now 1st roll the dough in the size of a puri and put just little oil and maida on the top layer and fold it to half and then that semicircular one to again half that means you will be having quarter circle shaped one...
    Now you can roll that in the size of chapathi... this way i will be getting very very soft chapathis.. my husband is having chapathis daily for dinner. He really appreciates my chapathis... am very happy with this procedure...
    if you do not understand dont hesitate to ask again.. i will try to be more clear..
    With Love
    Keerthi..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Keerthi: Thanks for sharing this.
    My chapatis are not bad, but would like to be more soft.
    Will try this method of folding

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI friends...

This is how i make chappati's or phulkas or poori's, it really turns out to be soft even if i pack for unch for my dh... Take 2 spoons of oil make it hot(not very hot) add this to the flour mix it with the spoon first and then wth the hand make it like bread crumbs let the oil spread evenly in te flour then add required amount of water and make a little soft dough... you can make chappti's immediate... if its poori the poori will come very fluffy without absorbing oil... visit the below link to for the phulka pics
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/m...rtual-feast-only-photos-no-28.html#post532579

4. srims

srims Bronze IL'ite

Keerthi,
    Really your folding method goes well.First time l learnt this folding &rolling.
    Finally l got the good way of making soft chapathi with the new folding method.
    Many thanks.
    Srims.