1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to make rosewater?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by radhee, Nov 30, 2007.

1. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Can anyone please tell me the right way to make rosewater?

I live in Chennai. A beautician told me to put rose petals in boiling water and strain the petals and refrigerate the rosewater. I did the same with the common variety of pink roses which is available everywhere. When boiling, the rose petals lost color and the water got all the color to it. Now I have refrigerated it and using it for face packs. Is this the right way to do? I have this doubt becos the rosewater which we buy from shops do not have any color to it.

Secondly, please tell me how long will this rosewater stay good when refrigerated without adding any preservatives.

I would also like to know if we can make rosewater with any variety of rose that is available or is there a specific variety for the purpose. My MIL said there is a variety called "panneer rose." Should we use this variety only? Can anyone please let me know....

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nir,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. Next time I will try this method with paneer rose. Thanks again! :)

Rgds,
    Radhee.

3. Angel121

Angel121 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I think the response was deleted. I am also trying to figure out how to make rose water. I currently bought rose essential oil and put a few drops in a spray bottle with water. I shake it and spray it on. Wonder if this correct? All the brands of rose water i find have alcohol or preservatives added.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I buy rose water, if you make it at home it may not be fresh after few days