1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How to make Red Frock,Blouse,Salwar,Boyswear,Circular Sleeve,Maxi,Dhothi Salwar,Neck?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sajitharakesh, Apr 21, 2010.

1. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: how to stitch a blouse and salwar?

Thank you for the appreciation

2. Dear sangeetha,
    Thanks a lot for explaining so clearly to me.........my daughter is turning to 6 yrs this december i have time but as i just want to know before so that i can try first and then prepare a nice one for her

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: making clothes for boys

no one? Looks like girls are easier to make clothes for, eh! I am trying to rip an old short out and trying to use that as a pattern.
    How do I scale up to the next size when I am using clothes that are smaller. Should I just add one inch to the out-seams and length and half an inch along the in-seams of the pant? Please do let me know if there is a way I can scale up a pattern. Thanks in advance.

4. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

How old is ur son? My tailoring teacher has given me a standard age-size chart which I refer to for sewing for my daughter.
    But of course, u need to check the measurements with him as well.

5. shruthipraveen

just check suvastra.com. It has some good kurti patterns , using leftover material from salwar-khameez. Hope this helps.

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Shruthi, thanks for posting the link here. The clothes are beautiful, those are exactly what I am looking to do. Only when I use an adult pattern for the child, it just does not sit well. For eg: My 3.5 year old's waist is bigger than his hips and he has skinny legs. When I use an adult pattern to do a paper draft, it looks terrible (completely disproportionate, I will take a photo of the paper draft and try posting here tomorrow to see if what I say here make sense to others).
    I am nervous about cutting good fabric based on those measurements because I am yet to learn how to adjust when the fabric is cut :hide:. I am mostly self taught, so trying to look up books/net for patterns.
    I think I will use an old skirt to first test out this pattern and then try cutting the good material.
    Thanks for the response and the links again.

7. shruthipraveen

of course each child has his/her own proportions. My daughter's chest is wider than her waist(compared to the age-size chart). She's a lil apple in the making! :)

If he is 3.5, its better to make the dresses of a 4 yr old's measurements because kids grow so fast.
    The measurements of the age-size chart that I've been given is:

4 yr old
    Chest- 23"
    Waist-22.5"
    Shoulder-9.5"
    Waist length-9.5"
    Short sleeve-4"
    Long sleeve-9.5"

Hope this helps!

8. kajola

kajola Senior IL'ite

circular sleeve

hello all
    i want 2 knw how to make circular sleeve nd i hv d draft which is in zarapkar but 1 point i m nt getting how to gettin how to keep d fabric shld d fabric b kept like umbrella skirt
    and if nt how to lay down d fabric and wahat does dey mean by bias side .i knw wat is bias side bt if mkeepin d fold on bias side m nt able to draft d sleeve
    please tell whoeve knws what 2 do
    thnx in advance

kajola

9. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: circular sleeve

Fold the paper into half and draw the draft.You need not keep the fold on bias.

10. kajola

kajola Senior IL'ite

Re: circular sleeve

thnx a lot i got it i did lik tht only thnku so much bt can u tell me 1 thing how to make d front syce in circular sleeve or v dnt make front syce shape in circular sleeve

kajola