1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How to make Red Frock,Blouse,Salwar,Boyswear,Circular Sleeve,Maxi,Dhothi Salwar,Neck?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sajitharakesh, Apr 21, 2010.

1. attached is the frock which i found while browsing i need advice from any one how to make such a frock for my DD because she likes these types i know little stiching but i dont know how to take measurement and cutting
    i want to gift her this type of frock for her b'day which will be in december.

please help me

Attached Files:

2. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

This is a difficult design to copy as a beginner, but since you have time, you may be able to do it! The back is fully shirred, and that may be the easiest part to do. Wind the bobbin by hand, with thin elastic thread, and the top thread matching the fabric. Stitch in rows close together, and that's it.

For the remainder of the dress, I really can't advise. Are there professional tailors in Bahrain who you can consult? When I was first learning how to sew, I watched the tailors and learned a lot from them.

Good luck with it!

3. september

september Bronze IL'ite

is the elastic wound tight or loose on tot he bobin ????

4. Thank you for the suggestions dear.....
    but can you advice me about the measurements and cutting of the cloth

regards
    sajitha

5. kanchanadevi

kanchanadevi New IL'ite

how to stitch a blouse and salwar?

Hi I am kanchanadevi.I am new user i want to know about stitching and cutting.
    How to stitch a blouse and Salwar?
    Please tell me in step by step.

Regards
    kanchgopal

1 person likes this.
  6. please help me .....................i didnt get any friends here ........please make me also friend and reply me am waiting for your suggestions

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

making clothes for boys

A lot of sewing tutes out there on the web are for girls, of course, they are the pretty ones. :) Unfortunately - at least for the beginning seamstress in me - I have a son. I am looking for patterns/drafting tutorials for kurtis and shirts and shorts (the elastic kind right now) for boys. Googling boys and shorts brings up a lot of boy shorts instructions :hide:. Wondering if I can use them.
    FYI: DS is a worm, longer than wider and readymades just fit awful. I tried altering a couple of shorts to disastrous results.
    Those mommas who sew for their sons, please do share your experiences and ideas. Dear son is 3 and a willing guinea pig right now :)
    Thanks in Advance

Last edited: May 15, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  8. music1

music1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sajitha,
    How old is your daughter.Coz for little ones you donot have to worry about the bust part.Otherwise you need to know tthe basics of putting tucks.For the bottom part you can measure her waist and the cut the lining first.For that fold the material into four and cut the basic umbrella cut.The skirt looks like is made out of tulle.A simple way of doing it to cut two colors of tulle just like the lining and joining all the three.Since tulle is transparent the bottom materials can be seen.That way you get a two tones skirt.For the top measure her bust ,under her bust and the waist measurement and cut accordingly.You can try out the pattu pavada blouse instructions given clearly by our own Veni.Just visit her blog(you will get those infos if you check this thread).Hope these infos are of some help to you.Happy sewing.

9. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: how to stitch a blouse and salwar?

I have explained both in my blog Vani's blog 1

10. naveennawaz

naveennawaz New IL'ite

Re: how to stitch a blouse and salwar?

hi
    vani im so happy wit ur blogs n feel so happy that ur from my place ooh bangalore .u teach in a very good way keep up ur job ...........teach to stich stand neck:hiyathank u bye.............

Last edited: May 20, 2010