1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make My Husband Get Attracted To Me Again?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jul 21, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am in my mid thirties,a mom but I have maintained myself well,going to gym 4 times a week,doing yoga,diet etc. infact,today i got a new haircut.chopped off my long hair short to make hubby see a difference.he did compliment but then went back to his laptop..
    I miss the initial attraction he had on me.I know many must be thinking why is she worried about attraction after many years but i miss it.sometimes he does not know the value i guess.what if i let myself go and gain too much weight?what if i stopped dressing well??

why i need the attraction is,then he will do what i want like he did when he wa attracted to me..i hope it makes sense..like going to variety restaurants,places etc etc without thinking too much.now he has gained weight,does not care about health it annoys the crap out of me..

I feel like why should women take care to look good if hubby doesnt care?

2. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

Your post is funny!! :) ghar ghar ki kahani...
    So you maintain your health, look good just to show it to your hubby?? Isn't looking good, being fir and getting all decked up is to make oneself feel more confident and happy!!
    You should feel good as your husband atleast complimented you .So he gets the points there ..:p:)
    I feel what you are seeking is a "back to bf-gf kind" of a deal. You are missing that which sometimes doesnt happen.
    Please dont have this feeling that only if you'll look good your hubby will agree to all your things. He ll agree only if you ask him with love.. thats the key. Love is the main ingredient dear..
    So Look good.. feel happy.. but not for someone else.. but for urself.. !!
    And you need to make sincere effort to make him go to the gym. Need to keep reminding him.. Plan your day...plan your weekend outings... dress up nicely..be happy and enjoy!! :))
    All the best!!

anika987 likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

After kids, the worries change, so this wont seem a big deal, the "bf/gf or newly-wed" thingy

anika987 likes this.
  4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

woman should take care of her self, for herself only. ie. for her health and her own good. You were dressing well before your H came into ur life also. Good that u take care of urself, and 4 times a week gym is great.ur H may be not praising but may be he definitely cares and proud of his fit and well dressed wife.

anika987 and MalStrom like this.
  5. mounikaa

mounikaa Senior IL'ite

just tell your DH diretly... what you're missing in life

anika987, guesshoo and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@anika987
    I feel you. After having a child, I think everything becomes a routine.
    Try date night. Don't involve kids. Get a nanny/babysitter for one evening. Just you and your husband go out and have some sexy times:wink1::wink1:
    This is a two-way street... You need to make some effort to get some effort ( from husband)
    Make it a once a week thing.
    He will get there.
    Goodluck

7. superkum

superkum New IL'ite

Hi friend,

Its most common situation of every couple few years after marriage. One of my friend given a suggestion to overcome and set the romantic climate in relations again.

Its good for couple to go for good restaurants, Some restaurants out there especially for young couple for dating purposes.
    These restaurants has a cosy and candle lighted with flowers etc they look really romantic. Nice have dinners and walk along in hand on hand since its really generates chemistry.

Get ware some sexy personal clothing such as revealing lingerie and some sexy sarees if ur husby likes. Especially, in weekends have dinner early and get some personal time.

Hope its helps you friend!

8. superkum

superkum New IL'ite

9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear @anika987,

It's quite common. It is not practically possible to have the same attraction levels always. Newly wed days are different, not many responsibilities in life and that age and energy levels are different. With the growing age energy levels reduces and responsibilities increases.

In newly wed days you can find lot of attraction, but with the growing age love & affection increases. After 60's need for companionship increases.

Life has different phases. So accept it and take it positive.

So, don't feel that your husband is not caring for you.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is funny that you think women make efforts ONLY to look good before their husbands. Not really, @anika987

You continue to look good, so dress up well, maintain your body, look young and what not... But do them for yourself. To feel good about it, and also to feel fit.
    Of course we feel happy when others complement our beauty/the efforts etc... and the happiness becomes double when such complements comes from our dear husbands.

But it is also important to be practical. The attraction is a big matter when you guys have just started off your relationship. With time, the physical attraction slowly takes a back seat. This is where you get attracted to each of your character, the qualities, the good and silly in each others. This slowly grows and blossoms as love and affection.
    He may have taken you to the restaurants and brought gifts initially due to physical attraction. But he should do the same and even more for the love he has on you.
    Even if you don't look good, become old or weight a little more after having kids, his love shouldn't change. Rather it should grow even more.
    If it is for the attraction, not many couples would be loving each other after 10+ years. Because not everyone is maintaining their body as before. Even if they try to maintain, we can't stay in our 20s look forever.

bruised234 and kcb like this.