1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make My H Understand That I Would Like To Have Little Freedom On What I Like?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by zeppelingirl, Oct 14, 2017.

1. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Yes. If he wants me to wear bangles, he would have asked me during the first day of our marriage itself. I've noticed many times, my husband never cares If I wear bangle or not. Only he asks me to wear jewels when his mom brings it up. I gave up almost everything I love for this marriage. I can't anymore.

2. zeppelingirl

Thanks.
    Yeah. That's what I'm planning to do this time.

During the earlier days of marriage, I get sad and lonely when he remains silent for days. Bcos nobody in my parents house ignore me like this and go on silent war after fights. This is completely new to me after marriage. Now I've got used to it. I don't feel lonely or sad but only disappointed on him all time for being a mom's boy.

After coming to this indus ladies I have realised one thing, just by trying to prove how we feel is not going to change the situations. Bcos husbands are dumb or keeping their ears closed to listen to us. All they care is only parents. I don't understand why this type of people even get married in the first place. :confused:

shravs3 likes this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,

Develop a hobby.. do you read books? If you have a tab or kindle, you can get one and find a way to keep you occupied. You have to act as if you aren't bothered by his silence.. the more you go behind him the less he values you..

As for bangles, i will ask him to get me new ones every other month, and say i want to wear nice ones for u! Until he gets tired of buying new jewels, and gives up.. alternatively you can buy nice bracelets, simple ones from Tanishq which looks really good!

shravs3 and zeppelingirl like this.
  4. zeppelingirl

Thanks dear.
    One big mistake I did was sharing that picture with her. Now I have learned my lesson and I know where to keep her in my life hereafter.

And my husband when he hangs on one topic he never let go of it until I gives up and do what he says, which will never happen in million years anymore. It is extremely hard to divert him to other topics or make him understand I don't want to do things I dislike.

5. zeppelingirl

I'm in a small job right now. Trying for government jobs as well. Preparing for it. Having 2 exams in the month dec

I want to move out now, government jobs are good options for that. They cant say no if I get selected in any one.

6. zeppelingirl

Thanks for the advice dear.
    My husband is in a foreign land for a 2 month business trip from work. I convinced my husband that I'll go to my hometown when he is not near. My in-laws objected. But somehow I won bcos of husband's support. He knows if I stay with in-laws we will fight everyday keeping in-laws as reason. So he let me go home which I'm happy and thankful to him. But no peace while in home as well. We didn't speak for 2 weeks (15 days) :mad:

Its a very good lesson for me on how to treat my MIL hereafter. I didn't call her for past 2 weeks becos I have nothing to speak with her anymore. She never bothered calling me too. I call her every other day for the last 1 month to make sure if they are ok, cos in-laws are alone in home. I stopped doing everything now. My co-sister never call my in-laws until they ask for her. I should learn things from her.

I'm planning to tell my FIL that I will go myself to office, I dunno if its gonna work. Cos I have asked my husband once before but he didn't want me to go alone. This time I'm gonna tell my in-laws and see what they reply.

7. zeppelingirl

Thanks dear.
    My mom wants me to do what my in-laws asks just to avoid conflicts. I wear chain (heavy one;)) and a ring which has his name on it. I didn't have this habit of wearing jewels before marriage esp bangles, rings. Now I wear bangles for church, functions etc. Only home and office I don't wear bangles which I don't find comfortable while working on computer mouse.

Like you say, I can give up this time and wait until the situation changes as years go by. That's what I did with wearing modern outfits. I gave up thinking things will change. But after seeing my husbands behaviour and in-laws control mind, I'm afraid things will never change for me even in thousand years. Once I give up, Its how I'm gonna live until I die.

8. zeppelingirl

Thanks dear.
    Like I said in previous thread, your FIL is playing the role of my MIL in your life.

You could casually brush it off when husband asked once in a while. My husband is different, you cant do the same with him. Anyway I will keep this in mind. If he continues being stubborn I will try this idea

9. zeppelingirl

yes dear, I read. I can keep myself busy until this december. I have plans. I have got few exams to prepare.

And even I tried the trick you said. I asked him for a platinum bracelet, saying bangle will change shape if not slept properly at night time. He escaped saying that he will buy me one later and now he wants me to wear gold bangle.:BangHead:

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You are staying at your parents' home and your husband wants to dictate what you wear there? I'm sorry that you are married to a toddler. Stop trying to run after him and appease his tantrums. Let him be the one to call next time. And keep your interactions with in-laws to the bare minimum.

shravs3, abla and zeppelingirl like this.