1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to make my child understand that “Studies” are indeed important

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by swt.charu, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

@shanvy
    This is to inform you that your post#9 gets a 1000 thanks from me :)
    If I had an iota of your common sense then my life would have taken a 360degree u-turn...sorry I meant 180degrees :bonk:

SCA likes this.
  2. varah

varah Silver IL'ite

Charu,

Your kid is so intelligent and I am amused by his thought process. Many great people did not learn the methodical way. He is just in 2nd grade. His pattern of thinking is amazing and he does not follow the conventional route by simply nodding to what others say.

He is thinking out of the box. You need to raise your bar slightly and throw him challenge or reason out rather than asking him to do what you want. Say for example on the music, you must start quoting that "Look A.R. Rehman. He learnt ragas and therefore could compose music. For you to sing correctly in front of great musicians you need to know sa.re.ga.ma..otherwise they turn you down" or "can you sing me a song of xyz raaga?"

He is a person who realized at his so young age that he is not made for Rat race but he will follow whichever is comfortable for him. Thats the fun indeed. Find out his aspirations and tune him towards it. Dealing with him needs lots of preparation to tackle his answers. Find out who is his role model and drive your answers along that line for him to believe.

3. Mylifedream

Mylifedream Junior IL'ite

I like ur suggestions can I plz give some more positive parenting ideas