1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make Kids Complexion Fairer

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by mimi77, Jul 23, 2018.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Tell your sister in law firmly that you love your daughter's natural skin color and yours too...and hers too.
    To keep her skin healthy is fine...but to make it fair is plain stupid.

All skin colors are good.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

All have given good pointers..

Tell your sil that you are happy with your kiddo's complexion and she is innocent and fair in her thoughts and that is what matters more.

Tan is something that happens all the time. Just rub some tomato juice or curd and then clean off with besan.

It is ok..your kid needs that sunlight for her overall health. So let her take a bath immediately after getting off the swimming pool. Wash and slather some coconut oil. Yes coconut oil us a good moisturiser as long as you look at the label ans ensure there is no mineral oil.

As long as she is healthy, active and eating healthy and has a clear healthy skin color does not matter...

sindmani, mimi77 and kkrish like this.
  3. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Dear mimi,
    This can reduce tan very much ☺️
    And we cant change genetics..
    The same thing is with my son..He looks darker than me and my DH.He has my dad's complexion....People talk but who cares ..
    I literally don't..

mimi77 and kkrish like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I could see the connection on what is happening.
    It can be annoying and painful and I understand you worrying, as a mother.

People had commented that my one son could have been darker, the other one could have been fairer, one son could have had thicker eyebrows, the other thinner eyebrows, one could have had longer nose, the other one's nose was too sharp, and when I landed with two sons they commented that I should have had a daughter... hmmmph... as if I can custom build my kids in a factory!

Just smile at the world's idiosyncrasies and move on. We have better things to do than pay attention to these shallow remarks. They don't even deserve an acknowledgement.

mimi77, MalStrom, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi kkrish,
    I always can see all these comparisons and comments during my India visits with kids. I never care with those comments but my daughter feels offensive and she doesn't want to come my in- laws place in our next year India visit because there everyone makes comparisons and give free suggestions even on their future education plans. It difficult for me to tell all to don't make comments and if I tell also they don't stop :BangHead:. Please give me some suggestions to how to make her handle such annoying situations.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Hsharma2018 likes this.
  6. Stardust1990

Stardust1990 Senior IL'ite

Hello op,
    Tanning during childhood is common and nothing to be frowned open. Complexion will improve once kids turn older. As many have suggested some tips may help
    1)healthy diet of fruits and nuts
    2)good sunscreen must be frequently applied while going out(lotus matte 3 in one
    3)washing face after a long day out. Twice a day under most cases is sufficient
    4)staying hydrated
    5) bath with gingerly oil on weekends rinse it off with besan and kasturi manjal powder. But kid must stay out of sun for a day after this as oil causes skin tanning
    6)using a good soap with high tfm content. I personally prefer cinthol
    7)using body lotion(Nivea blue one) and moisturizer (venusia)
    The above mentioned tips helps maintain good skin health and causes a healthy glow. It will not bleach or whiten skin. But mainintaing good skin care habits from early age will keep skin youthful for longer time.

mimi77 likes this.
  7. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much dear

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Mistt
    I have noted your question and as this is on relationships I need some time
    Only thing I will say say here is that my-laws are overall good folks and I am blessed to be part of the wonderful family.
    The negative/hurtful comments are from the outer circle of relatives, acquaintances, and neighbors from both sides of the aisle and also my acquaintances in the USA.

Also can you please direct me to chatter thread in the relationship forum? I could not locate it.
    I will post my response there (this is in the beauty section)... maybe in a couple of days.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Mistt
    I thought this fits best under parenting.
    So posted it there. Here is the link - A Response To Mistt's Query

I also found the relationship chatter thread - under married life. So this does not fit there :)